New Unicameral-Subregional Plan Proposal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:59:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Unicameral-Subregional Plan Proposal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Unicameral-Subregional Plan Proposal  (Read 3436 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« on: April 18, 2021, 10:33:56 AM »

Yankee, supporting unicameralism? Wow.

Its an interesting plan, though I do fully expect people to vote in the wrong subregional elections. Is there any plan for making this easy to understand to those who don't already know about this change?
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 11:35:18 AM »

Exciting stuff! That I would be glad to support!

Mildly concerned about the weird Southern division but if that's what y'all think is best...
Idk I feel like the weirder one is Fremont, does that actually evenly split the region's in-game population?
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 08:57:24 AM »

I doesn't make sense to reduce the number of federal offices when the game's population is the largest it has ever been. The size of the game is considerably larger than it was when the current system was introduced, so adding seats isn't unfathomable, and taking them away most definitely is. And I have yet to see any instance of reducing seats increasing activity.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 10:04:17 AM »

I doesn't make sense to reduce the number of federal offices when the game's population is the largest it has ever been. The size of the game is considerably larger than it was when the current system was introduced, so adding seats isn't unfathomable, and taking them away most definitely is. And I have yet to see any instance of reducing seats increasing activity.

The nominal population is higher than ever, yes, but how many citizens are actively involved?

It's certainly a low proportion; the number of people meaningfully engaged hasn't changed measurably.
Has it decreased? I doubt it.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 02:15:32 PM »

If there were 6 seats up in February, the quota threshold would be 41.

If the old Five Seats were still a thing for At-large it would take as many votes to win one seat as it used to take to win the Presidency (50 to 60).
And that is why we don't reduce the number of congressional seats when the population has gone up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies