SPC/Brandon H for Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:14:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SPC/Brandon H for Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: SPC/Brandon H for Atlasia  (Read 4903 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2010, 08:15:51 PM »

*Cues The Who*

YAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2010, 09:10:08 PM »

If Kitty Dukakis were raped and murdered, would you favor an irrevocable death penalty for the killer?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »

So, will this ticket be putting forth any policy proposals? Or is this ticket "Vote SPC/Brandon, we're not the JCP"?

Consider the request for formal policy proposals as one that comes from my paper.

I will not for two reasons: 1. You have already backed Bacon King without even looking at what our policies were, so it could have no effect on your endorsement, thus it is most likely just an attempt to smear me, and 2. The president doesn't make policy, he just signs/vetos bills and appoints people to the appropriate positions. Thus it would be entirely pointless to list policy proposals since I would have no chance of enacting them.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2010, 10:44:07 PM »

So, will this ticket be putting forth any policy proposals? Or is this ticket "Vote SPC/Brandon, we're not the JCP"?

Consider the request for formal policy proposals as one that comes from my paper.

I will not for two reasons: 1. You have already backed Bacon King without even looking at what our policies were, so it could have no effect on your endorsement, thus it is most likely just an attempt to smear me, and 2. The president doesn't make policy, he just signs/vetos bills and appoints people to the appropriate positions. Thus it would be entirely pointless to list policy proposals since I would have no chance of enacting them.

Lief had policy proposals that he, many times, worked with me and other Senators to implement and pressed for them publicly. Yes, I endorsed BK, I endorsed him ages ago, but my point is that if you're running for President, you must have some sort of vision and purpose for running in the first place. This is why I asked for policy proposals from you, because you've so far neglected to bring any ideas up.

I wasn't even going to second preference anyone until Xahar, through PMs, did assure me that he would stand for various left-wing policy and reject those he found inappropriate. BK has promised policy proposals and has served as VP, so I have some idea where he's coming from right out of the gate. You, however, have given nothing.

This is why I made the statement "or is this ticket 'Vote SPC/Brandon, we're not the JCP.'" Because that seems to be your entire reason for running.

If you outright refuse to propose any policies, then the only thing I can really say is shame on you, and shame on any person who votes for a candidate that actually makes downright policy ignorance a central campaign theme. It's disappointing.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2010, 10:46:35 PM »

SPC, ignore Marokai. Don't fall for his ruse.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2010, 10:48:39 PM »

A simple request for policy ideas is all I made.

If Libertas' reaction was taken out of context, it was looked as if I insulted SPC's mother.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2010, 11:02:06 PM »

shame on any person who votes for a candidate that actually makes downright policy ignorance a central campaign theme.
How is having a constructionist veiw of the constitution have anything to do with policy ignorance?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2010, 11:04:20 PM »

shame on any person who votes for a candidate that actually makes downright policy ignorance a central campaign theme.
How is having a constructionist veiw of the constitution have anything to do with policy ignorance?

Commenting on constitutionality of anything is a no-no for me, but I encourage you to bring up any issues you have.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2010, 06:02:36 PM »

I don't always agree with Marokai, but he's absolutely right here. Shame on any presidential candidate who cops out on declaring his stance on the issues as "irrelevant" claiming the president "doesn't make policy".

That's dead wrong for two reasons. First: You can stopanything passing the Senate without a 2/3 majority so, yes, your position on the issues matter just a tad. Secondly, even in Atlasia the president exercises significant authority in both making appointments and in dealing with both foreign and domestic crises.

There are two reasons not to post a platform: a) To avoid turning off moderate voters with self-percieved extremism; or B) Plain laziness. Either way, that would make one  wholly unfit for the office of president (or assemblyman, or dogcatcher....).

Yes, I too endorsed BK, but if he did something so irresponsible as refusing to declare his positions on the issues because "that doesn't matter for the president", he would lose that endorsement in a heartbeat.

I thought that Blue was maybe a bit harsh in accusing you of running on the simpleplatform of "Vote for me---I'm not JCP", but judging by your refusal to even state where you stand on the issues for fear of "being smeared", he was apparently correct about this as well.

Now, I'll ignore the inevitable cries of "Troll/JCP hack", etc. (cue Libertas entering stage right clucking like a mother hen in 5...4...3..) and issue you a challenge:

Prove. Me. Wrong.

Post a platform and answer questions about your positions on the issues (preferably ones more insightful then about raping and killing Kitty Dukakis Wink).

Otherwise, just run on your base of "anyone but the JCP" voters, and we'll see how that works out.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2010, 06:06:24 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2010, 06:10:32 PM by OFKA Governor Vepres »

The President is also a leader, which isn't constitutional, but the intent is there. I read a quote once that basically said the President is there to make congress do the things they should be doing on their own. Notice that Lief's first year was one of the few times comprehensive legislation, as opposed to boring consensus stuff, was pushed.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2010, 06:15:38 PM »

Well I guess you have my support now.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2010, 06:19:45 PM »

The President is also a leader, which isn't constitutional, but the intent is there. I read a quote once that basically said the President is there to make congress do the things they should be doing on their own. Notice that Lief's first year was one of the few times comprehensive legislation, as opposed to boring consensus stuff, was pushed.

Well put, V.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2010, 10:37:24 AM »

SPC hasn't been on in 5 days. I haven't heard anything from him since. I can't speak for him for certain, but if elected, I believe any increase in government spending or power would be veto'd. I also believe that we will make an effort to reduce government spending and lower taxes.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2010, 10:49:35 AM »

No increases in spending....no matter what the purpose? Did I understand that correctly?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »

SPC's absence is a great premonition of what he'll be if he ever becomes President!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2010, 01:20:25 PM »

Yeah...not exactly very comforting for me either.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2010, 06:51:38 PM »

SPC's absence is a great premonition of what he'll be if he ever becomes President!

What's sad is that people will probably end up voting for him anyway.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »

It would be amusing to watch the Senate override vetoes on every piece of legislation though Smiley
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 06:57:15 PM »

What's sad is that people will probably end up voting for him anyway.

Maybe they just want Brandon to be President Wink
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2010, 07:05:25 PM »

Pocket vetoes!!!
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2010, 07:12:10 PM »

I will vote for him whether he appears or not.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2010, 01:11:27 AM »

I will vote for him whether he appears or not.

Aye, same here.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2010, 07:28:45 AM »

Glad to see you both contributing to the health of the game Roll Eyes
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2010, 07:34:01 AM »

Pocket vetoes!!!

Do not exist in this country.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2010, 03:17:19 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2010, 03:25:53 PM by SPC »

I apologize to my supporters and most of all Brandon H for being absent while running a campaign. Anyway, even though it's not going to happen at this point, Brandon H basically described what my policies would be if I were elected. As a small-government guy, I see no need to come out with complicated policy proposals. Besides, anyone who's active in this game should have a basic feel for what I stand for.

EDIT: In retrospect, I doubt my activity seriously impacted my chances at winning the election. In fact, they probably decreased the chances of a JCP win by causing a more viable candidate to come out of the wings. So, while I am still sorry for having not run a viable campaign, I cannot be dissatisfied with the likely results. Besides, I am performing over twice as well as I did in October 2007, when I actually actively campaigned.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies