Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 12:52:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 126934 times)
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: November 01, 2019, 11:06:14 PM »

I know she’s been left for dead but this was a damn good speech. I still think she can pull something off. Maybe not winning the nomination but not a pathetic finish in Iowa either.

Hopefully this will at least give her a spot at the December debate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1826 on: November 02, 2019, 03:53:11 AM »

California people of color, especially, AA, more of them are in poverty. Due to lack of enterpreneurs, Harris still is not paying attention to that and focusing on mainstream America. Oprah lives right here in Hollywood, no attempt made, by her team, to attempt to go on her show. Obama was friends with Oprah.

That's why Warren and Buttigieg will win, not Biden, Sanders or Harris, and the Iowa poll will finish Warren and Buttigieg as viable candidates
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1827 on: November 02, 2019, 12:17:02 PM »

If Harris comes out swinging like that Iowa speech, I think she could still do something.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1828 on: November 02, 2019, 01:20:51 PM »

She has fired and laid off workers in NH
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1829 on: November 03, 2019, 12:13:30 AM »

2% in a national poll is pretty dire.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1830 on: November 03, 2019, 02:40:17 AM »

California people of color, especially, AA, more of them are in poverty. Due to lack of enterpreneurs, Harris still is not paying attention to that and focusing on mainstream America. Oprah lives right here in Hollywood, no attempt made, by her team, to attempt to go on her show. Obama was friends with Oprah.

That's why Warren and Buttigieg will win, not Biden, Sanders or Harris, and the Iowa poll will finish Warren and Buttigieg as viable candidates

I thought her pitfall was doing too much talk shows. Now you want her to do talk shows, just as long as they're hosted by African Americans?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1831 on: November 03, 2019, 03:15:01 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2019, 03:18:57 AM by Cory Booker »

The View was definitely a great advantage to Harris, it has Joy and Woopi Goldberg, but going on Jimmy Kimmel did nothing for her, her time spent would of been better to go on Oprah. White Females, who she needs in IA and NH love the View and OWN

So, much of Harris appeal, was being a fighter, when she said Leave Biden alone, after the busing incident. It gave AA as well as white females and Latinos, the go ahead to reendorse Biden. She gave up, the last fight in her. Despite what Harris is doing now on Crimimal Justice reform. That's why she cant break through in SC.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1832 on: November 03, 2019, 08:15:00 PM »

Is she really a leading candidate anymore?
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #1833 on: November 04, 2019, 11:38:32 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2019, 12:05:26 PM by Da2017 »

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1191339314023673857 Powerful Ad.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1834 on: November 05, 2019, 06:34:55 AM »

That was incredible. It's really too bad. She could really fit that middle lane.
Cinemark

« Reply #1835 on: November 06, 2019, 10:14:17 AM »

Harris just moved way down my list of preferred candidates:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/11/the-school-day-is-two-hours-shorter-than-the-work-day-kamala-harris-wants-to-change-that/

She wants to change school hours so that the day ends at 6pm. Thats just cruel.

Edit: I'm only kind of kidding with this.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1836 on: November 07, 2019, 12:21:09 AM »

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/11/the-school-day-is-two-hours-shorter-than-the-work-day-kamala-harris-wants-to-change-that/

RIP Harris’s chances with under-30 voters.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1837 on: November 07, 2019, 01:05:22 AM »

So the reasoning here isn't that kids should spend more time in school... it's that parents get out of work at 5:00, and they don't have a place to put their kids for the two hours in between. What? Why wouldn't you just create more after-school programs instead of making that extra time mandatory for all students? Heck, I'd be all for starting school at 10 and letting it out at 5, because I don't think kids learn well in the morning-- but this is obscenely stupid. If I was still in middle school, this would be the sort of thing that'd make me organize a sit-in.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #1838 on: November 07, 2019, 02:13:09 AM »

So the reasoning here isn't that kids should spend more time in school... it's that parents get out of work at 5:00, and they don't have a place to put their kids for the two hours in between. What? Why wouldn't you just create more after-school programs instead of making that extra time mandatory for all students? Heck, I'd be all for starting school at 10 and letting it out at 5, because I don't think kids learn well in the morning-- but this is obscenely stupid. If I was still in middle school, this would be the sort of thing that'd make me organize a sit-in.
where does it say anyone's being forced to stay? the schools would simply stay open till 6, teachers who choose to stay get extra compensation. the public school system in my town has something like this; class ends at around 3 and there's an extended daycare program (i volunteered there for a little while) where anyone can sign up for their kids, but they have to pay
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1839 on: November 07, 2019, 09:15:09 AM »

I can tell most of faux-woke Twitter didn’t read the plan at all. The determination to hate everything she does is strong. LOL.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1840 on: November 07, 2019, 12:30:35 PM »

Seriously, if she's concerned about parents juggling work/home life, why not invest in childcare or after-school programs?  No wonder she's sinking into Beto-tier polling...her messaging sucks.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1841 on: November 07, 2019, 07:05:58 PM »

Harris is marketing the plan as "lengthening the school day" and has a rather infamous history of arguing that parents ought to be jailed for their children's truancy.

The assumption that this is mandatory is forgivable. Prudent, even.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #1842 on: November 10, 2019, 06:11:20 AM »

Poor marketing doesn't mean poor policy. The 2pm-5pm gap is a very real thing and along with increasingly-popular Pay-to-Play schemes it causes lower class kids to be left out of extracurricular activities, which are designed to function as class markers.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1843 on: November 10, 2019, 09:30:55 AM »

Kids spent too much time in school, not the other way around.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1844 on: November 10, 2019, 11:45:12 AM »

After school programs (which my school has) are a good way to deal with the gap between when school starts and when work ends for most people (though it's a one hour gap in my district), but my philosophy about the amount of time students should spend in school is "quality over quantity."
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #1845 on: November 10, 2019, 01:43:23 PM »

My high school had a policy requiring you to leave the school grounds at the end of the day before being allowed to do certain extracurricular activities. You had to leave and come back, or you couldn't participate. Several of us lived a two hour bus ride away with single working parents.

It's a blatant and purposeful obstacle that without federal intervention will continue to segregate us.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1846 on: November 10, 2019, 10:49:21 PM »

It honestly seems like a good policy but her team is AWFUL at messaging and CANNOT put forth policies in unambiguous ways. I hope when she runs again in 2024 or 2028 or later she learns from this race and becomes better at messaging. And hopefully she gets a better team.

If Ian Sams wasn't screaming at twitter users all day and Lily Adams wasn't yes kween-ing every thing Kamala says or does, and if both of them did their jobs, maybe Kamala wouldn't be 4% in the polls. The fact she hasn't fired them yet might mean she's not a very good campaigner.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1847 on: November 11, 2019, 12:09:07 AM »

She hasnt learned from it, her outreach to blacks and Latinos, AA in particular is horrible.  She comes from SF, an elitist city where blacks are declining in population; whereas, South Central LA is where AA are at, deep pockets of homelessness.

She wont go on Oprah like Beto did, she only went on Jimmy Kimmell, but going on View was a smart thing.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1848 on: November 11, 2019, 06:18:37 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2019, 08:30:38 PM by Interlocutor »

The View was definitely a great advantage to Harris, it has Joy and Woopi Goldberg, but going on Jimmy Kimmel did nothing for her, her time spent would of been better to go on Oprah. White Females, who she needs in IA and NH love the View and OWN

She hasnt learned from it, her outreach to blacks and Latinos, AA in particular is horrible.  She comes from SF, an elitist city where blacks are declining in population; whereas, South Central LA is where AA are at, deep pockets of homelessness.

She wont go on Oprah like Beto did, she only went on Jimmy Kimmell, but going on View was a smart thing.

We know. She'd be polling at 55% right now, winning every primary/caucus handily & becoming the only candidate to flip South Carolina if she were just a bigger fan of Oprah than Jimmy Kimmel.

Stop repeating yourself
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1849 on: November 11, 2019, 06:22:55 PM »

SN keeps coming on the forum and repeats the fact that Warren and Pete Buttigieg would lose MI and give the election Trump, 50 million x's
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies