Is there anything for me to look forward to? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:19:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is there anything for me to look forward to? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is there anything for me to look forward to?  (Read 266 times)
Cashew
United States

« on: February 13, 2021, 03:00:40 PM »

Working a monotonous job while my co-workers reminisce about things I never experienced while COVID continues to be a thing and my parents age doesn’t seem like anything to look forward to.

I’m too austistic to drive a car, get employed, make friends, or get a four-year college degree, and my parents are too old to for anyone to want to work with them or to make use of their law degrees.

Psychedelics? I don't know if the effects upon a persons psyche are exaggerated or not but if you want to break the monotony of everyday life the option is always out there.

More seriously though it's ok to bumble about aimlessly for several years not knowing what you are doing. In my case I spent several years in community college switching majors before dropping out with several half finished associates degrees and spending the next 6 months or so with nothing to distract me from my thoughts and anxiety (not fun). Afterwards I got a job at an auto parts store and since then my confidence social skill have drastically improved and everybody just assumes I am a shy person (rather than being neurodivergent or missing major parts of the modern american childhood experience) when they talk about stuff I can't relate with very well. Fortunately it's not very boring or monotonous either and I'm still learning new things almost everyday. The confidence boost is also why I started doing repairs on my own car and have a significant amount of money invested in stocks, and am now taking a serious look at day trading. That's not to say I have all the answers, and I still don't know what I'm going to do after auto parts, but I guess what I'm saying is that just taking one step forward will make everything else ahead of you seem less daunting.

Feel free to pm if you want to talk.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies