How Brazil’s Libertarian Movement Helped Bring Down a President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:25:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  How Brazil’s Libertarian Movement Helped Bring Down a President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Brazil’s Libertarian Movement Helped Bring Down a President  (Read 2723 times)
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« on: August 03, 2016, 05:07:31 PM »

This brings a tear to my eye.  Great to see movements in the world moving toward individual freedom and de-centralization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaRyvgbHCV4
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 06:04:12 PM »

Upper-Middle class twentysomethinhs in a developing country always have the worst opinions.

(Of course, the effect of their triumphant overthrow of Dilma was the installation of a cronyistic coalition puppeted by Big Ag and evangelicals, but yeah congrats you really showed those stooppid poor people who selfishly wanted enough to educate their children rather than sending them to work)

Almost 3 months to start a business? Worst recession in a long time? What is education without good employment? If I was poor; I'd want some work so I could raise myself or my family up vs state handouts (not to say education is a handout)  I think you can socialize a couple things effectively: healthcare and education and then leave the rest to be privatized.  By any means, it's not a complete victory yet there.  There is still work to be done.

Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 01:15:25 AM »

Brazil's libertarian movement? I'm pretty sure that's about 200-odd rich guys. If you think that they had any significant effect in what unfolded then you really have no clue about Brazilian politics and should stay away from them.

Ok, Mr. Know-it-all. I'll bow to your superior knowledge and scurry away forthwith.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 04:35:48 PM »

Brazil's libertarian movement? I'm pretty sure that's about 200-odd rich guys. If you think that they had any significant effect in what unfolded then you really have no clue about Brazilian politics and should stay away from them.

Ok, Mr. Know-it-all. I'll bow to your superior knowledge and scurry away forthwith.
This is a good call. You don't know more than Hash.

I'm not saying he doesn't. He doesn't have to be condescending in his response though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies