Latest unemployment figures (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:24:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Latest unemployment figures (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Latest unemployment figures  (Read 5678 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: March 06, 2009, 03:28:56 PM »

As president Obama obviously has had no causative effect or even influence on the unemployment, which was caused by right wing economic policy from 1981 to January of this year.

But certainly the rate should go up into the mid to upper teens, perhaps even over 20%, just as it did before.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 05:22:55 AM »

As president Obama obviously has had no causative effect or even influence on the unemployment, which was caused by right wing economic policy from 1981 to January of this year.

But certainly the rate should go up into the mid to upper teens, perhaps even over 20%, just as it did before.

Are you hoping for some 'proletarian' revolt against the 'bourgeois' in the event of unemployment being that high?

Dave

No, nor do I expect one.  The serfs are long-suffering, and anyway even if they did revolt they'd just be slaughtered.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 07:24:27 AM »

No, nor do I expect one.  The serfs are long-suffering, and anyway even if they did revolt they'd just be slaughtered.

Who will do this slaughtering?  The Army/military?  Full of the brothers, fathers and sons of the people they will be shooting?  Really?

Yes, absolutely.  There is no doubt that people would shoot their mother for their boss, too keep their salary and health insurance.  Haven't you noticed that a huge percentage of the US population is already imprisoned and an even greater percentage lives in slums abused by police every day.  Said police all come from the working class, and often not very far from those they're overseeing. 

So if the US population gets truly pissed (and I agree with you here...it's about funking time) and tries to raise hell (why they wouldn't do at the polls first makes no sense to me, but whatever), the Army will be called out and blow away the grandma's and children marching on the Capitol?  The privates and airmen are more loyal to Warren Buffet and Bill Gates than they are to their sisters and mothers?  You know the people in the military are actual humans and not actors in some Hollywood movie.  You do know it is against the law for a military member to follow an unlawful order no matter who gives it.

I think we're very far from any masses taking any mob action - that will take another year and 20+% unemployment, people starving in the streets.  But yes, the police and military will redily shoot such people - after all they will not be 'grandmothers and children', but mostly active, still healthy young people.  And they won't just be marching peaceably, they'll be burning down buildings, overturning cars, and beating honkeys to death if they find any in the street.

What you don't understand about working class automatons in the heirachy - such as police or military - is that they positively cling to their slight bit of security.  They can see every day the horror of being poor and powerless, and so their job is worth shooting anyone for.  Generally speaking they are fairly worshipful of the rich and powerful, just like most americans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies