Was Gillum overrated? Will Democrat win with Gwen Graham? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:58:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Was Gillum overrated? Will Democrat win with Gwen Graham? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Was Gillum overrated? Will Democrat win with Gwen Graham?  (Read 1538 times)
sg0508
United States

« on: November 08, 2018, 09:07:12 AM »

He was the wrong Primary choice and his left wing agenda wasn't going to fly.  Economically, Florida is pretty conservative. So, any policies that start hinting at a state income tax or policies that benefit freeloaders (and there are a TON in this state given the drug and rehab culture) won't work.

And again, it's a broken record, but the Democrats' ground game here is AWFUL and has been bad since Jeb Bush became governor.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:09:15 AM »

I think Florida is just too conservative to accept a progressive left such as Gillum.
Gwen maybe a better candidate.

But on the other hand moderate Nelson lost too or maybe Gillum dragged down him.

Discuss!
Nelson was OLD, around too long and ESTABLISHMENT. It's the same reason Stabenow almost lost in MI (same class as Nelson back in '00).  Graham would likely have won.  The Democrats made the wrong Primary choice (think about the DE Senate Primary where Mike Castle lost back in '10).
sg0508
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 09:12:31 AM »

He was the wrong Primary choice and his left wing agenda wasn't going to fly.  Economically, Florida is pretty conservative. So, any policies that start hinting at a state income tax or policies that benefit freeloaders (and there are a TON in this state given the drug and rehab culture) won't work.

And again, it's a broken record, but the Democrats' ground game here is AWFUL and has been bad since Jeb Bush became governor.

This was never hinted at because it would never happen. If you thought that then you're an idiot who doesn't understand how our government works.
I didn't say it would happen.  The "perception" though, even down here in Palm Beach was that the freeloaders would make out and someone has to pay for that.  By the way, I can near GUARANTEE I put more away every week than you do.  Take that to the bank Smiley.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies