Kasich may get kicked off the ballot in Pennsylvania (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:19:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kasich may get kicked off the ballot in Pennsylvania (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kasich may get kicked off the ballot in Pennsylvania  (Read 2929 times)
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« on: March 07, 2016, 08:45:02 PM »

There's generally a tacit agreement among Republicans not to do this sort of thing to each other (often relevant when you need to meet signature requirements in deeply Democratic districts, for example).  The Rubio camp is either getting really, really desperate, or will lean on this guy to stop it.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 04:33:41 AM »

My understanding of the PA primary is that the candidates themselves aren't featured on the ballot at all; voters elect the delegates directly.  Though my question then is how do the voters know who these random names listed on the ballot are pledged to?

There is a Presidential Preference question on the ballot; this decides 17 of the delegates.

The other 54 delegates are elected directly on the ballot, 3 per CD.  Their preferences are not listed, so yeah the voters have no clue.  The campaigns may make a push to educate voters, but I don't even know if the candidates have preferred slates in the first place.  Yeah, essentially Pennsylvania will be electing 54 superdelegates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies