Univision Poll of Latino Voters: Generic Democrat +50
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:59:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Univision Poll of Latino Voters: Generic Democrat +50
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Univision Poll of Latino Voters: Generic Democrat +50  (Read 1824 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 02, 2019, 11:59:48 AM »
« edited: July 02, 2019, 01:17:10 PM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

Q25. Now thinking ahead two years to the 2020 election for President of the United States, do you plan to vote for the Democratic candidate or the Republican Donald Trump for President?

Democratic Candidate: 68%
Donald Trump: 18%

No surprise here: Latino voters shifting more Democratic in the age of Trump.

https://www.univision.com/noticias/politica/el-primer-debate-democrata-deja-a-harris-y-a-castro-como-favoritos-entre-los-hispanos
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 12:51:01 PM »

Full list:

1st: Harris 22%
2nd: Castro 18%
3rd: Sanders 16%
3rd: Biden 16%

5th: Warren: 9%
6th: O'Rourke: 8%

7th: Yang 2%
7th: Buttigieg 2%
7th: Booker 2%
7th: De Blasio 2%
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 12:53:08 PM »

Buttigieg has to do something about his problem with non-whites, or he's sunk.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 02:48:43 PM »

There's nothing he can do, really. he needs to somehow seek for higher office in Indiana, try and build up a repute with black and brown voters  and then run again in the future. I think he could be President one day, but 2020 is not his year.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 06:00:00 PM »

I would love for the Democrat to win them by 50%, but it won't happen. I don't see the Democrat doing better than Obama in 2012. And even then, that's still kind of a stretch.

In the primary though, Harris is looking like the candidate with the most appeal to them. That can be huge in the southwest and her home state. If that translates to her in the general election too she really might stand a chance at winning in Arizona and keeping it close in Texas.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 03:32:41 PM »

I would love for the Democrat to win them by 50%, but it won't happen. I don't see the Democrat doing better than Obama in 2012. And even then, that's still kind of a stretch.

In the primary though, Harris is looking like the candidate with the most appeal to them. That can be huge in the southwest and her home state. If that translates to her in the general election too she really might stand a chance at winning in Arizona and keeping it close in Texas.

There are a lot of "white Latinos" and conservative Latinos. I think between Romney and Trump the GOP might have already hit the floor. Trump was more of a populist and popular than Romney, some exit polls showed him doing better but some county by county analysis showed him doing worse. Either way because of Latino men, demographics, and conservative/relegious values I don't see Democrats ever winning more than 75% of the Latino vote nationwide. But that's still a great thing as they are more and more Latino voters. This can all be erased if Republicans continue to shift white voters to the GOP in large numbers also some of these Latinos will become "white" because it's already happening. Latinos lose their native language in 2 or 3 generations and marry outside their group more than any other ethnic group so a large number of them will just be absorbed into whatever it means to be "white" in 25-30 years.
super6646
Canada

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 01:29:29 AM »

Oof
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 07:03:47 AM »

This is where a Trump supporter is supposed to enter the thread and argue that the poll is wrong and Trump has actually improved his standing with Latinos. Highest unemployment in history!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 03:29:49 AM »

There is nothing he can do. He's just sunk.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 03:30:44 AM »

This is where a Trump supporter is supposed to enter the thread and argue that the poll is wrong and Trump has actually improved his standing with Latinos. Highest unemployment in history!

But muh Cubans in Florida are going to vote 90-10 for Trump!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2019, 11:29:37 AM »

There are a lot of "white Latinos" and conservative Latinos. I think between Romney and Trump the GOP might have already hit the floor. Trump was more of a populist and popular than Romney, some exit polls showed him doing better but some county by county analysis showed him doing worse. Either way because of Latino men, demographics, and conservative/relegious values I don't see Democrats ever winning more than 75% of the Latino vote nationwide. But that's still a great thing as they are more and more Latino voters. This can all be erased if Republicans continue to shift white voters to the GOP in large numbers also some of these Latinos will become "white" because it's already happening. Latinos lose their native language in 2 or 3 generations and marry outside their group more than any other ethnic group so a large number of them will just be absorbed into whatever it means to be "white" in 25-30 years.

Do "white Latinos" include white  people not of Hispanic origin who assimilate into Hispanic culture through marriage? Assimilation works both ways with Latinos as there are so many of them and that Latino populations have a parallel culture.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies