Legislation: The Westsylvania Referendum Act of 1790 (Withdrawn) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:41:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Legislation: The Westsylvania Referendum Act of 1790 (Withdrawn) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation: The Westsylvania Referendum Act of 1790 (Withdrawn)  (Read 936 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« on: July 17, 2018, 09:24:41 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I wish to thank the Gentleman for his introduction of this legislation, as the people of Westsylvania do deserve to have their voices heard, no matter the attempts of the Governor of Pennsylvania to silence them.  However, I do believe that this election should occur as soon as possible, not at the next National Assembly election, which may occur as late as 1794.  That is why I wish to amend the legislation to have said referendum occur at the same time as the by-elections to the National Assembly for the new State of Kentucky, to allow the voices of Westsylvanians to be heard with haste.

I yield.

(OOC:  I think it's obvious that Kentucky is going to become a state with pretty much every faction either silent or in support on their petition, so I figured it'd be fine to choose the by-elections as a date for the referendum.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies