The Dems need an autopsy -- they are now a completely regional party. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:20:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Dems need an autopsy -- they are now a completely regional party. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Dems need an autopsy -- they are now a completely regional party.  (Read 6242 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: November 22, 2016, 03:05:11 PM »

45% of their House of Rep numbers come from 6 states. CA, OR, WA, NY, MA & IL

28% of the house of representatives as a whole (and a higher percentage of the american population) comes from those states. sorry, bud
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 03:30:18 PM »

28% of the house of representatives as a whole (and a higher percentage of the american population) comes from those states. sorry, bud

Sorry, you are incorrect. Here, let me help you.

CA 39 Dems, IL 10 Dems, MA 9 Dems, NY 18 Dems, OR 4 Dems, WA 6 Dems = 86 Dem Reps.

86 is 45% of 194, which is the number of House seats the Dems will have in the next Congress. You are a failing, degenerate, regional party.
total number of representatives from those states: 122
total number of representatives: 435
122 / 435 = 28%

maybe learn to read before spouting off next time ㄟ(ツ)ㄏ
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 04:12:07 PM »

oh and this
Any claim to a mythical popular vote is rooted in one state,... CA

is also a dumb argument. you can't just cut out 12% of the national population to prove your point. otherwise i could say, "any republican claim to an electoral vote victory is rooted in one demographic,… less-educated white men." (~17%)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 04:22:37 PM »

CA 39 Dems, IL 10 Dems, MA 9 Dems, NY 18 Dems, OR 4 Dems, WA 6 Dems = 86 Dem Reps.

86 is 45% of 194, which is the number of House seats the Dems will have in the next Congress. You are a failing, degenerate, regional party.
122 / 435 = 28%

Boy, you are dumb, dumber than the dumbest jackass. I'll give you one more chance.

You will have 194 Dem Representatives in the House next Congress. 86 of them are from just 6 states. 45% of your membership in the House is from just 6 states.
i know that, sweetie. i'm pointing out that it's irrelevant.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 05:27:13 PM »

122 / 435 = 28%

He said 45% of the Democratic congress comes from those states, not total amount. 86/194 is 45%. The figure you put was the entire congress.
and i said why that was irrelevant. good lord, y'alls
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 03:26:31 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Considering your disdain for "radical [r]eligious extremists" such as Ted Cruz (I share your sentiments), I cannot see why you would object to Trump's proposal to restrict Islamic immigration. Nobody has a right to immigrate anywhere; immigration is privilege, and I cannot see why we should not prioritize immigrants from compatible cultures while reducing immigration from "problem countries" like Somalia, Afghanistan, Yemen, and the like.
this is as moronic an argument now as it was 150 years ago about the irish
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 03:35:59 PM »

Considering your disdain for "radical [r]eligious extremists" such as Ted Cruz (I share your sentiments), I cannot see why you would object to Trump's proposal to restrict Islamic immigration. Nobody has a right to immigrate anywhere; immigration is privilege, and I cannot see why we should not prioritize immigrants from compatible cultures while reducing immigration from "problem countries" like Somalia, Afghanistan, Yemen, and the like.
this is as moronic an argument now as it was 150 years ago about the irish

Until the regressive left is willing to consider uncomfortable truths, the left will just keep losing. Have fun with your false equivalencies and electoral defeats.
literally name one difference
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 05:10:44 PM »

First of all, in the aggregate, Ireland was hardly sending its best and brightest to the States (as crime statistics bear out), so in some ways, the comparison is not quite fair. (I am of Irish heritage, for the record.) As for other groups, the assimilation of the Irish was a rough and messy process. There was indeed unjust discrimination from the Anglo-Protestant majority, but there was also a lot of insularity (perhaps reinforced by unjust discrimination) and unwillingness to integrate for a while. But regardless, the Irish still largely spoke English and were part of a common Western cultural tradition that made for easier assimilation in the long run.

this is an argument from hindsight. contemporary perception certainly wasn't so confident about a "common western cultural tradition"

this is the same with muslims, as a matter of fact

again, the same argument was made about the irish. and the chinese, and viëtnam refugees, and so on, and so on.

i am not sure i want to know your definition of "enlightenment".

have you actually looked into the american immigration/asylum-seeking/etc process? genuine question.

the facts are, in fact, quite the opposite of what you're suggesting. an obvious example is the fact that american muslims are more tolerant of lgbt+ people than evangelicals

because that's literally what built america?

oh dear
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 02:16:56 PM »

"trump is not a radical extremist"

are you real
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 03:33:40 PM »

something something lol r u triggered this isn't a safe space something something
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 03:14:24 AM »

No. Deplorables are entitled to opinions as well.

Enjoy 4 years of President Trump and his proud supporters like me supporting him all the way.

By using a word that Trump has never used, is widely seen as a putdown, and has such an obscure meaning that I can't even find a good definition in any online dictionary. If you were actually trying to make a coherent point by saying "...Dems just need a good uncuckening and they'll be back in business.", you failed spectacularly.

Honestly it's my bad. I'll elaborate on what I meant by "uncuckening"

Don't call Trump supporters deplorable. We're people.

drop the pc outrage machine kthx
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 07:55:51 AM »

Only in America can the party that got more votes not only lose, but also be told that they're the ones that need to change.

We will not compromise our progressive values because of the ignorant rural whites.

And the Clinonistas wonder why they lost.  Ignorant millennials lacking respect for working people while whining and running their mouths.

I don't really mean the second half of that sentence; people had the same opinion of me and my generation when we were young know-it-alls.  But folks like the previous poster have no idea how offensive they really are to folks that are as much a part of America as they are.  (And far more a part of America than the illegal aliens on display at the Democratic National Convention.)
who cares if they're offensive? i thought y'alls liked Uncomfortable Truths and Political Incorrectness?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies