Justice PiT should resign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:33:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Justice PiT should resign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Justice PiT should resign  (Read 5726 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2019, 05:26:21 PM »
« edited: October 25, 2019, 05:31:15 PM by cinyc »

I find it incredibly curious that the left wants PiT to resign that they have the ability to appoint one of their own as SC justice and thus have the ability to stack the deck in favour of their ideology and party. This is nothing but a partisan coup designed to give leftists more power.

As for the comments themselves it seems clear that the left is not interested in diversity of opinion. While surface level diversity is welcome diversity of thought and speech is stifled. Once again we see an attempt to bully and marginalize pro lifers. Many in this game on the left just want more power and more control to the point where you “own the cons”.  I ask Atlasians to see what this is and stand up for Justice PiT who deserves to remain on the SC bench.

This is a slur on the integrity of the court; I’ve sat across the table from Windjammer (the ex chair of my own party) and disagreed and ruled in different ways on an issue relating to Labor. The idea that the left is further stacking the court implies it was stacked for party political grounds; which it never was.

The left, which is now in control of everything in Atlasia, has waged war on one of the last remaining conservatives left in the game, and pointing this out is "a slur on the integrity of the court"? Talk about Orwellian doublespeak. Because that's exactly what your Labour friends are doing - ginning up a crisis in order to make the court, like every other Atlasian institution from the regions to the House to the Senate to the Presidency all leftist all the time.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2019, 05:27:36 PM »

Everyone else has chimed in, so I guess I will too!

(1) I am not a fan of open relationships in general, though not for the same reasons PiT gives.

(2) In that sense at least I agree with PiT that there are problematic social consequences their advocates have not, in my view, sufficiently addressed.

(3) I am also glad that PiT does not literally think the left is a "death cult" and appreciate his apology (?) on that count.

(4) It is not super clear to me how the original comments are totally summarized by (1), perhaps because of the wording on PiT's part.

(5) Even if we dismiss that one quote as a massive misunderstanding, there is still so much in the contextualized screenshots posted by PiT that makes me very, very uncomfortable.

(6) At the very least, I appreciate that PiT responded directly to the concerns raised by the OP rather than resorting to evasion and belittling his critics, as others have done.

Not signing this because I dislike petitions as a matter of principle, but yeah, this is all very troubling.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2019, 05:42:58 PM »

I will note that thankfully, unlike in real life, the Atlasian Supreme Court is very much unbiased. It almost exclusively deals with election disputes and what not, and while these can often be very partisan (see the RL Bush v Gore decision), our justices have done a great job at avoiding them.

Since we are on the topic of PiT, since he joined the court there have only been 3 court cases with certiorari in Atlasia: TPH v Fremont; AZ v Peebs II and AZ v Peebs III.

The first is an standard election dispute, the second tried to ban deregistering (wtf?) and the last one showed the deregistration loophole to change regions. All 3 cases were unanimous and without dissent. TPH v Fremont in particular has all the justices except Gass making statements, so it's a good look to see if our justices are biased in some way, and at least I don't think they are.

There were several other cases in the first half of 2019, but they were all denied certiorari (or in one case, was solved by a plea bargain) so we can't know what the justices discussed in private (if they even discussed about them). The hypothetical cases in question would be, in chronological order:

-Louisville Thunder v Lincoln (deals with the February 2019 Senate race)

-10th Parliament of Fremont v Scott (concerns the 11th parliament doing actions while it technically hadn't been convened yet)

-People of the Republic of Atlasia v Spark498 (concerns Spark's crime of sockpuppetry)

-tack50 v Wulfric (concerns Wulfric's resurrection of PUP as an April fools joke)

-SNJC vs tack50, MB, LT and Adam Griffin (concerns allegations of racism on Discord)

-Wulfric & Kingpoleon v Peebs (concerns Peebs leaving Kingpoleon off the ballot in June)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2019, 06:17:37 PM »

A few months ago the left told me the courts aren't ideological on atlasia. Idk why they had to tell me such a blatant lie
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2019, 07:06:51 PM »

I find it incredibly curious that the left wants PiT to resign that they have the ability to appoint one of their own as SC justice and thus have the ability to stack the deck in favour of their ideology and party. This is nothing but a partisan coup designed to give leftists more power.

As for the comments themselves it seems clear that the left is not interested in diversity of opinion. While surface level diversity is welcome diversity of thought and speech is stifled. Once again we see an attempt to bully and marginalize pro lifers. Many in this game on the left just want more power and more control to the point where you “own the cons”.  I ask Atlasians to see what this is and stand up for Justice PiT who deserves to remain on the SC bench.

This is a slur on the integrity of the court; I’ve sat across the table from Windjammer (the ex chair of my own party) and disagreed and ruled in different ways on an issue relating to Labor. The idea that the left is further stacking the court implies it was stacked for party political grounds; which it never was.

The left, which is now in control of everything in Atlasia, has waged war on one of the last remaining conservatives left in the game, and pointing this out is "a slur on the integrity of the court"? Talk about Orwellian doublespeak. Because that's exactly what your Labour friends are doing - ginning up a crisis in order to make the court, like every other Atlasian institution from the regions to the House to the Senate to the Presidency all leftist all the time.

Its probably worth noting that PiT was confirmed unanimously by the Southern delegates, including by left wing members (and indeed by me):
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=297217.0

And, of course, a good chunk of this thread has also been left wingers coming out against this which I think shows that there is no conspiracy from "the left" to bring down Conservative judges.

What has actually happened is that many people are concerned about PiT's comments, and I'm glad to see that PiT has responded honestly and respectfully with his views.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2019, 09:05:28 PM »

So are we going to talk about the fact that someone is making out of context screenshots of conversations in order to falsely impugn people?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2019, 09:46:34 PM »

Its probably worth noting that PiT was confirmed unanimously by the Southern delegates, including by left wing members (and indeed by me):

And, of course, a good chunk of this thread has also been left wingers coming out against this which I think shows that there is no conspiracy from "the left" to bring down Conservative judges.

What has actually happened is that many people are concerned about PiT's comments, and I'm glad to see that PiT has responded honestly and respectfully with his views.

Let's be honest, not a single person complaining is genuinely concerned, and we all know it.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2019, 09:53:58 PM »

Let's be honest, not a single person complaining is genuinely concerned, and we all know it.

You do realize PiT was confirmed before these screenshots were revealed, right? Maybe you are an idiot who is not paying attention.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2019, 09:57:34 PM »

You do realize PiT was confirmed before these screenshots were revealed, right? Maybe you are an idiot who is not paying attention.

Image source: World Market
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2019, 10:23:14 PM »

Was planning on ignoring this RETARDED (sue me, I said it and stand by it) thread, but ive been drinking and this is an extremely uncalled for insult and is unbecoming of the Vice President. If anyone should apologize for something in this thread its you, Pericles. Notice even the persons pushing these dumb accusations (see i said the accusations were dumb, not the posters) have not resorted to such crass and juvenile name calling. Grow up. This is just a dumb game. And you adding "maybe" does not mean that its not still a personal insult. Calling someone an idiot violates the TOS and warrants an apology. If you cant make an argument without name calling that betrays your weak argument. (See i said that you had a weak argument,  not that you are weak.). Now please apologize to Shua. The acrimony in this dumb game is so stupid. Its a goddamn game.

And yeah, I'll go on record that I'm reporting it for violating TOS. 99%  of the time the only TOS violations I flag are from Badger who, as a lawyer, should know better, but this is getting phucking ridiculous.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2019, 10:25:14 PM »

As for the comments themselves it seems clear that the left is not interested in diversity of opinion. While surface level diversity is welcome diversity of thought and speech is stifled. Once again we see an attempt to bully and marginalize pro lifers. Many in this game on the left just want more power and more control to the point where you “own the cons”.  I ask Atlasians to see what this is and stand up for Justice PiT who deserves to remain on the SC bench.

Was planning on ignoring this RETARDED (sue me, I said it and stand by it) thread, but ive been drinking and this is an extremely uncalled for insult and is unbecoming of the Vice President. If anyone should apologize for something in this thread its you, Pericles. Notice even the persons pushing these dumb accusations (see i said the accusations were dumb, not the posters) have not resorted to such crass and juvenile name calling. Grow up. This is just a dumb game. And you adding "maybe" does not mean that its not still a personal insult. Calling someone an idiot violates the TOS and warrants an apology. If you cant make an argument without name calling that betrays your weak argument. (See i said that you had a weak argument,  not that you are weak.). Now please apologize to Shua. The acrimony in this dumb game is so stupid. Its a goddamn game.

And yeah, I'll go on record that I'm reporting it for violating TOS. 99%  of the time the only TOS violations I flag are from Badger who, as a lawyer, should know better, but this is getting phucking ridiculous.

I think the point is that Fhtagn calls anyone and everyone even a hair left of center in the game “an idiot who isn’t paying attention” all the damn time.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2019, 10:27:37 PM »

As for the comments themselves it seems clear that the left is not interested in diversity of opinion. While surface level diversity is welcome diversity of thought and speech is stifled. Once again we see an attempt to bully and marginalize pro lifers. Many in this game on the left just want more power and more control to the point where you “own the cons”.  I ask Atlasians to see what this is and stand up for Justice PiT who deserves to remain on the SC bench.

I think the point is that Fhtagn calls anyone and everyone even a hair left of center in the game “an idiot who isn’t paying attention” all the damn time.

I've only spoken facts about people.

If they don't like it, that's their problem.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2019, 10:27:41 PM »

Ah yes, i forgot 2 wrongs make a right.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2019, 10:28:54 PM »

Was planning on ignoring this RETARDED (sue me, I said it and stand by it) thread, but ive been drinking and this is an extremely uncalled for insult and is unbecoming of the Vice President. If anyone should apologize for something in this thread its you, Pericles. Notice even the persons pushing these dumb accusations (see i said the accusations were dumb, not the posters) have not resorted to such crass and juvenile name calling. Grow up. This is just a dumb game. And you adding "maybe" does not mean that its not still a personal insult. Calling someone an idiot violates the TOS and warrants an apology. If you cant make an argument without name calling that betrays your weak argument. (See i said that you had a weak argument,  not that you are weak.). Now please apologize to Shua. The acrimony in this dumb game is so stupid. Its a goddamn game.

And yeah, I'll go on record that I'm reporting it for violating TOS. 99%  of the time the only TOS violations I flag are from Badger who, as a lawyer, should know better, but this is getting phucking ridiculous.

Yes I was mocking fhtagn, I hope Mr R reports a ton of her posts then.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2019, 10:30:43 PM »

So are we going to talk about the fact that someone is making out of context screenshots of conversations in order to falsely impugn people?

The people complaining don't care. They falsely believe they have a right to private conversations, while conveniently hiding their own disgusting private convos.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2019, 10:37:33 PM »

The people complaining don't care. They falsely believe they have a right to private conversations, while conveniently hiding their own disgusting private convos.

Do you have any evidence at all that our conversations are 'disgusting'? Seems that you're deflecting to avoid discussion of the substance of the screenshots and what those in them believe.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2019, 10:39:46 PM »

Was planning on ignoring this RETARDED (sue me, I said it and stand by it) thread, but ive been drinking and this is an extremely uncalled for insult and is unbecoming of the Vice President. If anyone should apologize for something in this thread its you, Pericles. Notice even the persons pushing these dumb accusations (see i said the accusations were dumb, not the posters) have not resorted to such crass and juvenile name calling. Grow up. This is just a dumb game. And you adding "maybe" does not mean that its not still a personal insult. Calling someone an idiot violates the TOS and warrants an apology. If you cant make an argument without name calling that betrays your weak argument. (See i said that you had a weak argument,  not that you are weak.). Now please apologize to Shua. The acrimony in this dumb game is so stupid. Its a goddamn game.

And yeah, I'll go on record that I'm reporting it for violating TOS. 99%  of the time the only TOS violations I flag are from Badger who, as a lawyer, should know better, but this is getting phucking ridiculous.

Are they on here? I admittedly dont follow much on Atlas anymore (found out this week my deputies apparently quit the game like a month ago or something without notifying me except for the one who does nothing but randomly post that im a racist for no reason) but Im not on discord since its a cancer and the TOS is just for this site. You can also report insults you know. Those dont benefit anyone regardless of who says them and im fine with the mods removing them. If such comments exist, find them and flag them. This site should be free of personal insults.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2019, 10:43:39 PM »

Do you have any evidence at all that our conversations are 'disgusting'? Seems that you're deflecting to avoid discussion of the substance of the screenshots and what those in them believe.

Considering most people on both sides are mostly young people, it's pretty obvious the convos on your side are disgusting as well. We just don't have spies to confirm what's already obvious
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2019, 10:45:58 PM »

Are they on here? I admittedly dont follow much on Atlas anymore (found out this week my deputies apparently quit the game like a month ago or something without notifying me except for the one who does nothing but randomly post that im a racist for no reason) but Im not on discord since its a cancer and the TOS is just for this site. You can also report insults you know. Those dont benefit anyone regardless of who says them and im fine with the mods removing them. If such comments exist, find them and flag them. This site should be free of personal insults.
....so you want us to get fhtagn banned
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2019, 10:48:47 PM »

What I want is this dumb schit to stop.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2019, 10:49:52 PM »

What I want is this dumb schit to stop.
well I'm telling you if like that really against the TOS (is calling someone an idiot against the TOS??) then fhtagn is gonna get like 1000 reports which might be an instaban
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2019, 10:50:14 PM »

(I'm not even trying to be facetious here)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2019, 10:54:40 PM »

I've literally posted them before, as well as received complaints from leftists that are in your server that do not approve of the way that the Labor Party talks about other users.

If your servers are completely clean, and you think the public has a right or know what these conversations consist of, you have an obligation to show the public everything that is said in your servers.

If you aren't willing to do that, you need to have a seat.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2019, 10:55:03 PM »

(I'm not even trying to be facetious here)

You do you.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2019, 10:56:20 PM »

Well on a note, please send alcohol, I need some too Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length