Romney Hatred -- From Whence Does It Come? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:37:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney Hatred -- From Whence Does It Come? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney Hatred -- From Whence Does It Come?  (Read 5054 times)
BM
BeccaM
United States

« on: July 07, 2009, 08:43:40 PM »

There's always going to be some antipathy for people from blue-blood political dynasties but Lucifer "Mitt" Romney really is something else when it comes to transparent political opportunism and pandering.

I'll let the Republicans take it from here though.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 09:18:33 PM »

I have more of a problem with delusional Mitt Romney supporters who think he's the savior of moderate Republicans, rather than Mitt himself.
Yes, this.  It's really the only reason I call him Lucifer, Satan, etc.  Otherwise he'd be too boring to deserve those titles.  The fact that he never campaigned as a moderate Republican on the national level makes it even more annoying.

And there's some anti-Mormon bias in the evangelical wing of the GOP but it's not enough to bellyache over. Americans have embraced Mormons in the past!

BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 09:23:02 PM »

"I saw my father march with Martin Luther King." (Romney's campaign later admitted that they didn't march on the same day, or in the same city)

"PETA is not happy that my dog likes fresh air." --on strapping his dog to the top of the car

"My sons are all adults and they've made decisions about their careers and they've chosen not to serve in the military and active duty and I respect their decision in that regard. One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president."

"You sit down with your attorneys and tell you what you have to do, but obviously the president of the United States has to do what's in the best interest of the United States against a potential threat." --on whether he would consult Congress about invading Iran

"I purchased a gun when I was a young man. I've been a hunter pretty much all my life." (Romney's campaign later said he'd been hunting twice, once when he was 15, and once in 2006 at a Republican fundraiser

"I'm not a big-game hunter. I've made that very clear. I've always been a rodent and rabbit hunter. Small varmints, if you will."

"Hugo Chavez has tried to steal an inspiring phrase 'Patria o muerte, venceremos.' It does not belong to him. It belongs to a free Cuba." --invoking a phrase that translates to "Fatherland or death, we shall overcome," which Fidel Castro has used to close his speeches for years, and which is associated with Cuban oppression

"Well, the question is kind of a non sequitur, if you will. And what I mean by that -- or a null set." --after being asked during a Republican debate whether is was a mistake to invade Iraq

"We should double Guantanamo!"

"I'm happy to learn that after I speak you're going to hear from Ann Coulter. That's a good thing. I think it's important to get the views of moderates." --right before Coulter called John Edwards a "f****t"

And Palin is the one with funny quotes?
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 02:10:48 AM »

What's so electable about Romney anyway? His moderate Republican status?  He's not really a moderate. He isn't anything. And that would be used against him.

As far as I know his record isn't really broad enough to be his main appeal.  As for personal qualities, he's from a  political family and easily (and fairly) seen as slick and uninspiring.  So appealing!

I honestly think a lot of people like him for his  looks. Odd but true. He looks like someone you'd cast in a movie that features a fictional president.  Not that that's the only reason but I think it enhances everything his supporters supposedly like about him.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »

Somehow I doubt people like Jon Huntsman and Jeff Flake would face similar "discrimination"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies