Turkish snap election, June 2018 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:23:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Turkish snap election, June 2018 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Turkish snap election, June 2018  (Read 27714 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: June 23, 2018, 09:54:49 AM »

My feeling is eerily similar to before the last Israeli election, when we though there was hope and Bibi won decisively. I hope it won't be the same here- if Erdogan is somehow defeated in the end, it'll be an amazing day.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 07:12:49 AM »

First major irregularities have been reported from the southern province of Sanliurfa, on the Syrian border (an AKP, but also Kurdish stronghold).

A pre-stuffed ballot box has appeared, 3 men tried to enter a polling station with bundles of 1000 ballot papers, CHP election commission members were hit by AKP-supporters, people running around with guns on the streets to intimidate voters, men voting for their wives etc. etc.

Audrey Glover, head of the OSCE election observers, said their team is unable to visit/observe in the province because of security reasons.

The Turkish election commission YSK has said they will "investigate" these reports.

https://kurier.at/politik/ausland/tuerkei-wahl-erdogan-spricht-von-demokratischer-revolution/400056056

Yes, but there's an embargo for results/exit polls until 9pm local time (8pm CEST).

I'm soooo shocked the Muslim fundamentalists are the ones intimidating voters with extreme violence and marginalizing women... Who would've thought?? I was sure it'd be the evil secularists!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 10:33:43 AM »

I see we're doing the classic atlas practice of panicking from early returns/turnout for this election too Tongue
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 10:37:02 AM »

I see we're doing the classic atlas practice of panicking from early returns/turnout for this election too Tongue

It's raining in Izmir!

PROJECTION:
Erdogan- 56%
Gillespie- 42%
Ince- 1.9%
Clinton- 0.1%
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 11:05:00 AM »

I think at this point we can say that Erdogan will remain in office.

Even if he ends up with 49.8% or something, it is highly unlikely that the opposition is as disciplined and their voters will all end up backing Ince in the runoff.

Has any candidate who received 49.5% in a 1st round ever lost a runoff somewhere ?

Yeah it's not looking very good in both the Presidential and the Parliamentary reuslts. Still, we need to watch and see.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 02:39:05 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2018, 02:47:00 PM by Parrotguy »

AKP-MHP will also certainly have an absolute majority with these numbers. Perfect.
This, but without even a trace of sarcasm.

Didn't know you Stan for the far right Tim.
The MHP is a mere appendage of AKP for the time being. I don't care about the MHP. And the AKP ain't far right.

No one cares about their ideology. What you're saying here is that you oppose Turkish democracy and freedom. That's revolting. There are REAL people there, people whose freedoms will be harmed by this disaster, some of them I know. I'm disgusted someone would cheer for this because he's pro Islam or whatever.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies