As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:59:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 318283 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 06:53:34 PM »

Don't get too greedy, Bushie. You shouldn't be talking about "falling back" on the job you were celebrating just a little while ago.

Is it absolutely sure you have this job? You have a signed contract?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 08:05:19 PM »

It seems very fishy. But if you have a signed contract, then there's no harm in looking further. I just wouldn't do anything to risk losing what you already have.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 07:43:41 AM »

I'm up early this morning so I can monitor the email.  I expect a job offer to come through my inbox this morning and if and when it does, I need to accept it and send it back extremely quickly as they can't do anything further until I do.  My Talent Acquisition is based in Washington, DC, so I'm really operating on Eastern time right now and it's already 7:15 ET and inside of business hours.  The manager pretty much told me without telling me I have a job.  She said she can't jump the gun, but is already talking to me like I'm a part of the team.

Make sure you get in writing that they're letting you take off for your trip...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 08:16:37 AM »

I'm up early this morning so I can monitor the email.  I expect a job offer to come through my inbox this morning and if and when it does, I need to accept it and send it back extremely quickly as they can't do anything further until I do.  My Talent Acquisition is based in Washington, DC, so I'm really operating on Eastern time right now and it's already 7:15 ET and inside of business hours.  The manager pretty much told me without telling me I have a job.  She said she can't jump the gun, but is already talking to me like I'm a part of the team.

Make sure you get in writing that they're letting you take off for your trip...

I will do that. Smiley

Before accepting the job... Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 12:18:44 PM »

What about the bad things in life?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 04:07:02 PM »

I have received and accepted the job offer at 11:50 am. The start date is Monday, March 12, 2012. I will find out the hours today.

Again, are you absolutely certain that your Kenya thing isn't going to interfere with this?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 03:08:15 AM »

Well, his plane has landed in Amsterdam. I'm trying to imagine Bushie there.... Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 02:22:03 AM »

He's really gone off the deep end...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 02:18:06 PM »

I have this awful feeling BushOK is going to quit his job and move to Kenya very soon. We've seen this before when he was going to be "patient" with women and next think you knew he was engaged.

Unfortunately, if he thinks God is telling him to move to Africa, it'll probably really happen sooner rather than later.

The really sad thing is that Bushie really does mean well.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2012, 04:18:14 PM »

Yeah, I just read it. Holy f**king s**t.

If he'd spent a week in Spain then Rajoy would probably be his new PM.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »

I will still have my passions for politics, sports, and weather, but they will include Kenya politics, sports, and weather as well as American.

Which Kenyan sports are you a fan of?

I'll probably get into real football (soccer) which I saw on the TV in Nairobi.

I remember you saying you found it incredibly boring.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 02:51:41 PM »

i didnt survive the first round of the trimming of the fb friends.

apparently im too much of a heathen!

Alas, looks like I didn't survive, either.

I'm still seeing status updates, so I guess I was spared.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2012, 05:55:21 AM »

Jeff, I would encourage you to talk to a psychologist/psychiatrist (I always forget which one is which) and see if he/she thinks this is a wise decision.

I've been talking to several pastors, which are by definition, counselors.

Anyway, I'm done with updating this thread about this situation.  I will update the thread about other items, but not this anymore.  It's getting way too depressing and I know these answers are not being bathed in prayer before they are posted so I'm done.

Bushie have you ever considered that seeking advice from people that DO NOT share your views on things (as in: aren't extremely religious) might provide you a useful and different perspective?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2012, 02:56:38 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2012, 02:58:23 PM by Franzl »

He really is going insane. No sane person can: a.) Go to Kenya for a week and then decide that he not only wants to move there but also to become a naturalized citizen, b.) have the utter arrogance to call a couple of kids he barely knows his "children" because he spends a few $ a month on them, c.) not even know the name of one his "children"..., d.) believe that God will magically wave his wand and force the government of Kenya to change the law to give one chap from Oklahoma of all places his two "rightful children"...

Bushie, you may take offense at people suggesting you have issues, but I also find the way you're acting offensive. You don't take advice from people that didn't pray to receive it (basically because that advice is unfavorable to what YOU think you want to do (God has not told you to move to Kenya). You flat out refuse to see a non-Christian professional?

What kind of crazy world do you live in?

Sorry for that rant. I still maintain that you actually do mean well and have good intentions, but you really do seem to have gone off the deep end...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2012, 06:28:03 AM »

It's become abundantly obvious after this latest series of events that he has pretty serious mental issues that need psychiatric treatment.

I'm quite sure every 'Opinion of BushOklahoma' poll-thread has this exact same post in it.

It's too bad he locked the thread now, though.  I think jmfcst joining the show was probably our best chance to have our general advice heard. 

He'll either unlock it again or create some equivalent update. He won't be able to resist for long.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2012, 08:55:58 AM »

I quit myself before I could be axed.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2012, 11:51:01 PM »

Have you ever imagined that God doesn't "want" you to either go or stay? You were given free will for a reason, and that implies that God wants you to make decisions yourself based on what YOU think is right.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 03:07:19 PM »

I wouldn't tell anyone to stay in Oklahoma, but compared with the alternative being discussed.... (not bathed in prayer)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2012, 07:59:56 AM »

How is that a new story line?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 01:44:32 AM »

That's surprisingly good advice actually, particularly the part about spending an extended time there on your own.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2012, 02:59:48 AM »

I wasn't aware that God is in the money printing business.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2012, 07:01:34 AM »

Why don't you just donate the cash to charity? Surely that would do more good than flying yourself out there. And you'd get a tax deduction.

Seriously? Why do you have to be such a downer, eh?

It's true though.. I'm sure the money would go much further just being donated.

Yes, but the point of these "mission trips" aren't really about helping people efficiently.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2012, 01:23:47 AM »

Sorry to hear about this, and glad you were successful in finding a replacement.

That said, I think this goes to show you, again that you need to stop planning years ahead. You see what can become of "careers", especially in places that can fire you at will.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2012, 01:25:55 AM »

You don't regret leaving the one secure and stable job you had?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2012, 11:29:21 AM »

Why is it you always go for call center jobs, btw? Considering your disability, it seems less than ideal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies