Israel general discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:06:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel general discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 74
Author Topic: Israel general discussion  (Read 228847 times)
EPG
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: April 03, 2018, 03:04:09 PM »
« edited: April 03, 2018, 03:08:14 PM by EPG »

Israel is a tiny country. These migrants are a big, real, and very well-felt problem that make life in many big cities and neighbourhoods horrible. Norway, Germany, Canada etc are large countries with plenty of space where this amount of African immigrants will be barely felt if at all. So I wholeheartedly support this agreement.

The argument almost makes sense. But there is a problem. This kind of place is why Norway is a large country.

Lovely fjord. But that is not where immigrants, who don't speak any kind of Norwegian, tend to go. They tend to go to this kind of place.

Bougie streetscape with passersby who may have some money. Which is also where everyone else in the country under the age of 35 wants to live. It may be true that the low-income migrants don't live there. But they go there. So everyone ends up seeing the social problem. People like their social problems to be hidden, goddammit!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1476 on: April 03, 2018, 03:37:26 PM »

You say you are opposed to forced deportations and therefore support this deal. I am not sure what you think would happen to these 16k people who would be relocated through the UN deal. They would be forcefully deported from Israel too.

Meanwhile, is there anybody who could answer my initial question?

Somehow I think that the immigrants would happily agree to go to Canada or Germany without any need to use force Tongue The problem with sending them to African countries was that you couldn't guarantee their safety. The strategic argument has a point, but in my opinion the PR damage wouldn't be large enough to make this deal uncompelling.
As for the initial question, it's probably a combination of Netanyahu bending to the slightest of right-wing pressure and not actually talking to the leaders of the host countries before announcing, but I'm not 100% sure.

He did the talking, Canada confirmed we were talking with Israel since a month. However, not  much has happened except than people with private sponsors will be allowed to stay in Canada until their immigration demand is ruled on (when the usual process is for them to stay where they were before, i.e. Israel).

Yeah, I meant actually reaching sustainable agreements before announcing stuff.

Re: Norway- I understand, but that's kind of besides the point, when countries like Canada (and Germany, though I personally do not believe it's a good country to receive immigration) exist.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1477 on: April 03, 2018, 07:46:45 PM »

I don't know what the hell is going on in Israel, but I read that Netanyahu wants to retract the plan of deporting 37,000 illegal African immigrants to Rwanda and Uganda; instead, he now wants half of them to stay in Israel and half of them to be assigned a country through the UN refugee quota thing. For the latter category, Netanyahu apparently explicitly said that countries like Germany, Italy and Canada could take them, which is bafflingly stupid diplomatically, especially given how toxic this subject is. What's more, antisemites always say Israel/teh j00z want "diversity for thee, but not for me", which has always been easy for me to debunk; however, this action basically leaves me speechless when confronted with such accusations. If these people are not welcome in Israel (and they should not be welcome imo), why the hell does Netanyahu think Germany and Italy should take them in? Everything about this story seems to be outrageous, in addition to the fact that everyone involved here appears to be extremely incompetent, but I really hope the Dutch NRC Handelsblad has informed me wrongly, which tends to happen on issues regarding Israel. Could anybody explain to me why the original plan was cancelled? Who in the Knesset now stopped supporting it?

Bibi confirmed the original plan was cancelled because Rwanda pulled out.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1478 on: April 07, 2018, 10:47:05 AM »

No discussion on Israel murdering unarmed protesters and journalists this week? Cool.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1479 on: April 07, 2018, 10:52:29 AM »

No discussion on Israel murdering unarmed protesters and journalists this week? Cool.

No, people who comment here are usually informed by local media with some knowledge of the issue rather than biased, misinformed international media like you consume.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1480 on: April 07, 2018, 11:26:36 AM »

Oh, great! You're back! Can't wait for you to start spewing blood libels and demented murder fantasies again!
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1481 on: April 07, 2018, 11:28:12 AM »

The new ignore option was specifically designed for deranged posters like publicunofficial. Please don't spoil the joy by quoting him.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1482 on: April 07, 2018, 11:34:34 AM »

For DavidB, Ray Goldfied, and others.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1483 on: April 07, 2018, 11:38:26 AM »

So, we've just got an organized troll group in this thread today. Great.

Also, **** Hamas and its amen corner.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1484 on: April 07, 2018, 11:39:04 AM »

So, we've just got an organized troll group in this thread today. Great.

Also, **** Hamas and its amen corner.

What does this have to do with the price of salt?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1485 on: April 07, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »

Well basically we use this threads for political discussions in the narrow sense. If you must have our humble opinion then: I think Israel and Hamas are playing a dangerous game here that could spiral out of control, I don't like the use of live fire by soldiers and the very loose engagement policy there but I'm not sure the reporter shot was with intention to shoot a reporter, there was limited visibility that day and riots are hardly a neatly affair. Anyway there's not much you can do when hundreds are marching to the border, if you don't stop them then they'll come back again in bigger numbers and eventually cross over. This is not the streets of Atlanta, and this protests are almost semi militarized.

anyway I said to a friend a year ago that when Palestinians will march in their hundreds of thousands to the border it will be the end, we're not for from there. 
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1486 on: April 07, 2018, 02:55:15 PM »

Oh, great! You're back! Can't wait for you to start spewing blood libels and demented murder fantasies again!

Can't wait for Ray to call the sun, moon and stars antisemitic for existing.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1487 on: April 07, 2018, 03:06:08 PM »

anyway I said to a friend a year ago that when Palestinians will march in their hundreds of thousands to the border it will be the end, we're not for from there. 

Well, if this becomes a tactic then we're gonna need to build a big, beautiful, powerful wall, and we'll have a large, beautiful door so that we can come in whenever we need to stop them from firing rockets at our civilians.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1488 on: April 07, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »

Can't wait for Ray to call the sun, moon and stars antisemitic for existing.

We get it. You don't care about anti-semitism if it comes from your side.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1489 on: April 07, 2018, 05:41:01 PM »

Well, if Israel wants to kills cilivians, they're allowed to. However, don't dare ask for the West support in any measure.
Angel of Death
« Reply #1490 on: April 07, 2018, 06:00:37 PM »

How bad the situation with respect to Gaza is, what I frankly find more interesting at the moment is the fact that Israeli officials are themselves now stating that there is rough demographic parity in historical Palestine.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1491 on: April 07, 2018, 06:15:47 PM »

So, uh, just to be clear, there was clearly some sort of organized decision to troll this thread today, given how many of this board's worst elements just spontaneously decided to show up here.

How very SJP of you.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #1492 on: April 07, 2018, 07:35:02 PM »

So, uh, just to be clear, there was clearly some sort of organized decision to troll this thread today, given how many of this board's worst elements just spontaneously decided to show up here.

How very SJP of you.
To you any criticism of Israel is a conspiracy
Aboa
Rookie

« Reply #1493 on: April 07, 2018, 07:35:12 PM »

How very SJP of you.

Yes I'm sure it required coordinated effort from secret anti-zionist cabal to make those five (5) posts
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1494 on: April 07, 2018, 07:47:57 PM »

Wow, you're totally proving me wrong, with more random people showing up to pick fights with the joos.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1495 on: April 07, 2018, 07:54:08 PM »

How very SJP of you.

I don’t think people coming to the Israel thread after Israel fires on and kills peaceful protesters is some sort of organized trolling conspiracy.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1496 on: April 07, 2018, 07:57:49 PM »

I bet you all think you're really clever. Hamas marches on the border fence, you all march on the Israel thread in solidarity.

Spoiler alert - Israel won, they'll continue winning, and your weak attempt at trolling won't change that any more than the Great Gaza tire fire will.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #1497 on: April 07, 2018, 07:59:59 PM »

Welp. This guy is on to us and our coordinated conspiracy. What's are next course of action fellow Hamas members?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1498 on: April 07, 2018, 10:19:42 PM »

Go back to using European money and children to build tunnels?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1499 on: April 07, 2018, 10:58:26 PM »

Go back to using European money and children to build tunnels?

Subtle.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies