Reagan the Movie coming to cinemas next year! :D (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:55:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Reagan the Movie coming to cinemas next year! :D (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reagan the Movie coming to cinemas next year! :D  (Read 4308 times)
Link
« on: May 03, 2013, 12:39:54 PM »

The Koch brothers could easily finance a sweeping epic biopic about Reagan.

They would have to include the fact he was a democrat, divorced, headed a union, was for gun control, ran up a massive debt, etc.  There is no way any kind of decent Reagan movie would further their cause in 2013.  They would have to make it the Myth of Reagan a Fictional Tale.  If they made it a propaganda piece it will be panned and flop.  You can't make a profitable "epic" that you can only sell to American right wingers.  So many movies depend of global box office receipts, DVD/Blu Ray sales, and pay per view to make their out sized returns.  Creating a movie that from the beginning is going to have a tiny fraction of those things is not a wise financial move.  I can't see the Koch brothers wasting money like that.
Link
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 01:07:45 PM »

I suppose it's a propaganda movie.
A real movie on Reagan, showing the real heartless prick he was would create the anger of the brainless cultists.

I wonder if they will include his racist speech about "welfare queens."  Knowing the audience they probably won't even realize it is racist or fiction.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies