The Sword of Damocles (Gameplay Thread) (Early 1930) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:48:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Sword of Damocles (Gameplay Thread) (Early 1930) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Sword of Damocles (Gameplay Thread) (Early 1930)  (Read 30771 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2016, 06:32:08 PM »

A public announcement  from the Government of Prime Minister Kerensky

You must be logged in to read this quote.
xPresident Laroque
France is glad to revive this alliance
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 05:34:24 PM »

My proposition regarding a Ceasefire in the Balkans

(OOC: Please BBC I want to have their opinion Tongue )
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2016, 05:36:40 PM »

France will make a statement regarding the crisis with the italian ship later
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 05:28:12 AM »

Would the Ottomans accept it?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2016, 06:15:55 AM »

Perfect, do Hungary and the Athens Pacta ccept it as well?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 05:14:34 PM »

We would like to remind everyone that neither France nor Hungary have declared war against any of the belligerants in the Balkan conflict.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2016, 06:05:53 PM »

We, the United Kingdom, demand an immediate apology from the French government for their unilateral and unannounced placement of troops in Greece. Should the troops not be withdrawn at once, and if not everyone and anyone responsible are forced to resign, we refuse to recognize the results of any French peace conference.

We also ask for an apology from Greece to Italy for attacking the Italian military and an apology from Italy to Greece for accidentally crossing into Greek waters. The above should settle any and all matters remaining in the Balkans besides the dominant war.

Prime Minister Churchill,
The French Government didn't move troops in the Balkans, it was made by french voluntaries. France would like to reassure you that the current Greek-Italian crisis will be solved soon.
Regards,
President Laroque
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2016, 03:28:55 PM »

I condemn Churchill's last message.
France will take all the necessary measures to keep Greece safe from the imperialistic UK Prime Minister.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 12:12:27 AM »

It is not imperialism to defend against war crimes. I do not care for how internationally unpopular a move may be. I only care for what is right. A leader is not someone who takes a vote from the other groups he's not in charge of and then decides what to do. A leader leads with justice, doing what they know to be right. No battles were threatened. We merely promised to bring an end to war crimes. It is deplorable that all nations cannot accept that the assumed rules against war crimes must be enforced. We, if in the other nations' positions, would either withdraw your condemnations at once, or understand the natural outrage of the United Kingdom at your condemnation of opposition to war crimes.

If violence had been threatened, it would have been another matter. Forcing surrender merely implies in this case gaining the backing of the French government in arresting the French volunteers. If the United Kingdom were in charge of peace conferences, Greece would be expelled if they refused to expel the French volunteers which are criminally and internationally illegally there.

- PM Winston Churchill
Except they didn't commit war crimes.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2016, 05:34:39 AM »

To China:
Could You repeal your ban on trade ?
Thank you
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2016, 02:19:11 PM »

It appears that China is facing a lot of difficulties with the communists. Communism being is the worst enemy of France, they will have all of our sympathy and all of our help. Communism will not take ravage an another country anymore! That's why the French republic and China agree on:

xPresident Laroque
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2016, 02:45:51 PM »

To the French people
My fellow compatriots,
For so many decades corrupt politicians kept power by using political manoeuvers and never directly faced responsibility to you, the good people of France. I am not a corrupt politician, that's why I will run for reelection for president(OCC: the fusioned office), where this is you who will directly decide.
As the leader of France, I led our country to victory. The hostile communist regime at our borders has been defeated and a civil war has been avoided, both by France diplomatically and militarly. I have high hopes as well that a peace will be signed in the Balkans soon with again the clear intervention from France.
France under my leadership has regained his place as the most important superpower in Europe, our enemies one by one will continue to be defeated and my duty will be to  lead our great nation to glory.

-------
How the elections will be held:
- free elections obviously (the parties of the opposition will be able to present a candidate)
- the people of France will vote twice at the same time: one vote for the presidential election (the winner will be the one who gets the most votes, no run off) and one for the legislative election (by district, same system no run off)
- Women will have the right to vote for the first ever.

It will be held, welll between the end of this midturn and before the next turn (so we will have the results when the next turn starts).
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2016, 04:55:53 PM »

To the Pope and the son of the king:
I propose a mediation between both of you. Let's avoid a civil war in Italy, by negotiating in Lourdes!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2016, 03:37:22 PM »

Well, I hereby order demobilization. I will follow my advisors' advices and I will cut a bit military spending.

----

France will be focused on making sure a civil war doesn't happen in Italy

(OOC: sorry I'm too busy irl right now)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2017, 03:26:59 PM »

France has signed an alliance with Russia and is obviously willing to help this great country in case some countries continue to want to destroy its economy.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies