Netanyahu: Hitler didn't want to kill the Jews, Palestinian talked him into it (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:40:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Netanyahu: Hitler didn't want to kill the Jews, Palestinian talked him into it (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Netanyahu: Hitler didn't want to kill the Jews, Palestinian talked him into it  (Read 10528 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: October 21, 2015, 11:16:32 AM »

When the PM of Israel acts as an apologetic to Adolf Hitler, something has gone wrong.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 05:17:07 PM »

I think this is a bad move that would inflame things further, but Abbas really needs to examine what happened to Gaza when Hamas declared war on Israel, and think about whether following suit is a good idea. Because at this point he's actively inciting violence against Israelis, and this is where that path leads.

Much like Netanyahu, in fact, Abbas is being pushed by the base. If he doesn't amp up his rhetoric he will likely be kicked and replaced with someone more extreme.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 07:48:37 AM »

Could there be a sort of Notthern Irish power-sharing executive? Yes I know many will balk at the thought, but many would have been sceptical at the idea of orangemen and shinners managing to share government (yes I know the Norn government is hardly ideal, but...)

Perhaps the whole area needs to become a Confederation?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 09:41:45 AM »

Well it would leave both communities distinct, yet hopefully less often at each other's throats. I'm sceptical of my own idea, mainly because confederations break down all the time, but it's clear both ethnic groups want themselves to have their own administration and law (which argues against infiltration) bit are never going to be fully confined to one geographic space within the greater Palastine/Israel region (which suggests full partition will be a bloody nightmare).
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 09:45:18 AM »

Huh, I just googled to see if anyone had come up with the idea, and whether I should patent it or not and only two days ago Martin Schultz publicly mused about it as well:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/in-break-top-eu-official-suggests-israel-palestine-confederation/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies