Is one of my former professors a lunatic nutjob? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:32:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is one of my former professors a lunatic nutjob? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is one of my former professors a lunatic nutjob?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Is one of my former professors a lunatic nutjob?  (Read 8136 times)
Everett
YaBB God

« on: November 02, 2005, 11:48:43 PM »

Having credentials doesn't make you "right", prude. I am reasonably credentialed in my area (for a person of my age) - does that mean that I have the right to spew out whatever bullsh**t I want and expect people to think that I am sane?
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 10:26:29 PM »

My professors are smarter and less idiotic than yours. Not that that's difficult to accomplish, of course.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 10:34:44 PM »

Well like I said, the Rate My Professors scores show that the students sure like them.
What a pathetic university.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 12:48:18 AM »

Yeah, I'm immensely thankful that I'm a Mathematics major - at least I have every reason to expect that my math professors, who are supposed to be teaching math, will not blindly spew out hyper-liberal political bullsh**t at random intervals and expect everyone to be stupid enough to believe it without question. If we were discussing a hyper-conservative professor, I'm sure that the hyper-liberals here would be pouncing all over him/her; I don't see why we make exceptions for certain... oh wait, it's because we are with someone who makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside and therefore the person must be absolutely right!!!!11

P.S. I would not even tolerate a Libertarian professor randomly spewing out completely irrelevant and presumably untruthful bullsh**t that detracts from the lecture, so don't start trying to look for ways to punch holes in my argument.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 12:55:40 AM »

Yeah, I'm immensely thankful that I'm a Mathematics major - at least I have every reason to expect that my math professors, who are supposed to be teaching math, will not blindly spew out hyper-liberal political bullsh**t at random intervals and expect everyone to be stupid enough to believe it without question. If we were discussing a hyper-conservative professor, I'm sure that the hyper-liberals here would be pouncing all over him/her; I don't see why we make exceptions for certain... oh wait, it's because we are with someone who makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside and therefore the person must be absolutely right!!!!11

P.S. I would not even tolerate a Libertarian professor randomly spewing out completely irrelevant and presumably untruthful bullsh**t that detracts from the lecture, so don't start trying to look for ways to punch holes in my argument.

Thats part of why I hated math in school. Its such a pointless, rigid subject. "x has to equal y", etc. Thats why I liked liberal arts, there was a wide degree of interpretation and there was no one right answer.
And how far, pray tell me, have you gotten in my "pointless, rigid subject"?

I function best when I do not have to constantly tolerate pointless bullsh**t - particularly when "no one right answer" is presented as the "right" answer despite the presumably clear implication that there is "no one right answer" - which is precisely why I love my subject and fully intend to teach it at the university level, preferably without pointless bullsh**t involved. Also, if you are into theoretical Mathematics, there is "no one right answer", so your argument doesn't apply here. Wink
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 11:05:51 AM »

Well, there's one thing for sure - most of us enjoy classes where we hear whatever we want to hear.

Gabu and I like hearing accurate, constructive information from our professors.

BRTD obviously likes hearing mindless bullsh**t to the point where he's fully willing to pay to hear mindless bullsh**t that he likes, and I'm sure that the people who voted "no" also do (Pym Fortuyn, opebo, etc). Sad.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 11:13:26 AM »

Well, there's one thing for sure - most of us enjoy classes where we hear whatever we want to hear.

Well of course, if you disagree with something, you'll think its biased.
I disagree with your idea that we should turn Mecca into a pig farm, you biased... Wink
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 11:18:29 AM »

Well of course, if you disagree with something, you'll think its biased.
I disagree with your idea that we should turn Mecca into a pig farm, you biased... Wink

Of course, thats a great example.

I dont want to turn Mecca into a pig farm just because, I'd only endorse the move after the next suicide bombing incident takes place in North America or Europe.
Well, the problem is, how do you intend to go about turning Mecca into a pig farm? Tongue It would be easier to rename a pig farm "Mecca" and order everyone to pray to the inhabitants thereof.

If I actually had to listen to a professor drone about turning Mecca into a pig farm during class, when we are supposed to be going through the lecture, then I would not be that pleased. Outside of class, whatever; he's probably still an idiot, but I simply don't want to pay to sit in class and hear garbage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies