Conservative plans march on Washington with loaded rifles
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:42:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Conservative plans march on Washington with loaded rifles
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Conservative plans march on Washington with loaded rifles  (Read 7252 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 08:23:42 PM »

Let's hope the police rough 'em up a bit.

Let's not, Mr. State-Is-Great. I hope they're blocked, but police brutality is not something we should consider conscionable.

Honestly, I'm willing to make an exception for these dickheads.

because
people who carry guns:  HP
people who carry guns and attack people with clubs and pepper spray: FF
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 08:29:17 PM »

I don't get people like Kokesh - the military vets who get all reverse Manchurian Candidate and devolve into a world of anti-government conspiracy theories.

Adam Kokesh obviously liked the government enough to kill people on its behalf in exchange for a salary and benefits.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 08:30:03 PM »

This is what I was talking about when I mentioned "spoiled" as pertaining to Americans in another thread.  Government wants to impose reasonable restrictions in the wake of several gun violence tragedies.  Right-wing reaction?  March on Washington DC with LOADED RIFLES; because you know, their lives have become so unbearable.  I would blockade the city and tell them to stay away.  Not only is this ridiculously dangerous, it's an absolute insult to a city that has a terrible history with crime.  
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 08:32:17 PM »

I don't get people like Kokesh - the military vets who get all reverse Manchurian Candidate and devolve into a world of anti-government conspiracy theories.

Well, I guess when you are sent off to war and watch your buddies die all because of a lie you will change your opinion.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2013, 08:41:14 PM »

i don't like the term 'white privilege' for a lot of reasons. and i'm sure the forum considers me an 'extremist' on guns. but let's be honest here: it says a lot that a crowd of mostly white people would feel confident enough to press their luck like this. somehow i doubt a crowd of several hundred black men marching with guns would be received nearly as well by your typical movement conservative. in fact i seem to remember a certain b-movie actor banning 'open carrying' in his state for that exact reason.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2013, 08:43:15 PM »

Well, I guess when you are sent off to war and watch your buddies die all because of a lie you will change your opinion.

We have an all-volunteer military in this country. No one held a gun to his head (pun) and forced him into it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 08:46:21 PM »

We have an all-volunteer military in this country. No one held a gun to his head (pun) and forced him into it.
And Ariel Castro did not force those girls into his car. Does that make his crime ok?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 08:48:24 PM »

And Ariel Castro did not force those girls into his car. Does that make his crime ok?

You're actually comparing these two things? And you wonder why people think your party is anti-woman?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2013, 09:56:50 PM »

If somebody steps on someone's foot or says the wrong thing, that event could very easily turn into a disaster.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2013, 10:08:22 PM »

If somebody steps on someone's foot or says the wrong thing, that event could very easily turn into a disaster.

Or wears a hoodie in their presence.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2013, 10:22:12 PM »

Or wears a hoodie is a minority in their presence.

Let's be honest.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2013, 10:44:26 PM »

You're actually comparing these two things? And you wonder why people think your party is anti-woman?
Your argument is no different than Ariel Castro's argument at its base. How is comparing the roots of your arguments “anti-woman.”
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2013, 01:07:41 AM »

V: People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2013, 02:41:50 AM »

V: People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

And you actually think a handful of nitwits with loaded guns puts fear into the hearts of the people who control the most powerful military in the world?

These guys are asshats, no doubt about that. But they have an active motivation to make sure nothing bad happens. A big scene would probably just make a powerful statement for their sworn enemies.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2013, 09:11:16 AM »

And you actually think a handful of nitwits with loaded guns puts fear into the hearts of the people who control the most powerful military in the world?

These guys are asshats, no doubt about that. But they have an active motivation to make sure nothing bad happens. A big scene would probably just make a powerful statement for their sworn enemies.

If they don't, they should have no issues letting the 'nitwits' protest within the confines of the law.

Laws of course can be changed, and the District of Columbia is subject to the control of the United States Congress.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2013, 09:13:36 AM »

Protesting with guns isn't protesting it's a form of intimidation and therefore terrorism and the government should act as if these people are home grown terrorists. There is a difference to picketing and then shoving a rifle in the air.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2013, 09:30:15 AM »

The law is unconstitutional, but this march will do nothing. Nobody cares that it is unconstitutional, especially not the dumbs that will point guns at them. Liberals will just spin it as an invasion of sorts.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2013, 09:40:01 AM »

The law is unconstitutional, but this march will do nothing. Nobody cares that it is unconstitutional, especially not the dumbs that will point guns at them. Liberals will just spin it as an invasion of sorts.

What law is unconstitutional? The second amendment, yeah that is.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2013, 09:40:57 AM »

Let's hope Obama arrests them and locks them up in camps.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2013, 09:42:44 AM »

Open carry law in DC... or any open carry law for that matter.

The 2nd amendment cannot be unconstitutional.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2013, 09:47:12 AM »

Oh jee wiz the constitution is flawed then.

Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2013, 09:57:21 AM »

It was designed that way for a reason. It is there to prevent a police state. Those who were responsible for the Constitution and Bill of Rights noted the previous failure of republics. These amendments were meant to protect the people from losing the republic. They believed guns were just as important as the US Constitution itself, in terms of protecting liberty.
Link
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2013, 10:13:57 AM »

Open carry law in DC... or any open carry law for that matter.

Zarn even if the law was unconstitutional, which it isn't, there is a court system and elections.  The Founders provided plenty of legal ways for the issue to be addressed.  I support civil disobedience in certain circumstances.  But those people just march or sit in.  They do not bring lethal weapons.  Are you crazy?  This isn't about the Constitution or "rights."  This is a public safety issue.

I'm curious.  What do you guys think about the fact that pretty much from the birth of this country there have been restrictions on where firearms may be carried?  I mean if the Founders had such a problem with it why did they allow it to go on?  Or do you just ignore that fact?
Knives
solopop
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2013, 10:16:45 AM »

It was designed that way for a reason. It is there to prevent a police state. Those who were responsible for the Constitution and Bill of Rights noted the previous failure of republics. These amendments were meant to protect the people from losing the republic. They believed guns were just as important as the US Constitution itself, in terms of protecting liberty.

baha, you and mozambique are like the only countries that recognise guns at all. do you see australians as trapped in a police state? Yeah when it was written hundreds of years ago maybe there was a risk, but it's 2013 man get with the times.
Link
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2013, 10:32:05 AM »

baha, you and mozambique are like the only countries that recognise guns at all. do you see australians as trapped in a police state? Yeah when it was written hundreds of years ago maybe there was a risk, but it's 2013 man get with the times.

Don't believe every right winger on the internet.  For hundreds of years municipalities have restricted and outright banned guns in the United States.

It was not uncommon for guns to be REGISTERED in Colonial America.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/books/in-gunfight-adam-winkler-traces-the-gun-control-battle.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Watch any Western movie.  What usually starts the trouble.  The sheriff demands everyone entering town relinquish their fire arm.  Gun control has been around since the nation was formed.  It is ludicrous to suggest otherwise or to imply it is "unconstitutional."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies