Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 03:40:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 86326 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 02:28:21 AM »

Is Greyscale still plaguing the Westerlands and King's Landing?

We'll know soon enough, but as of now greyscale has been reported in very isolated places (and so far I've barely talked about a potential outbreak that may or may not happen, xD).

Can you tell me if any reports of greyscale came from Dorne and/or the North?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 12:46:24 AM »

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 01:39:12 PM »

Sorry for rushing you, I posted that before it started for me Tongue
Great to know, thank you Smiley
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2014, 01:14:32 AM »

Oh my god this is brilliant! (both the occurrences, and the chapters as such) Wink
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2014, 02:01:35 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2014, 02:48:37 AM by Governor Cranberry »

Proclaim of the Allied Kings

We, the rightful sovereigns of Westeros, in Order to establish lasting Peace throughout the continent, restore Law and Justice, provide for the common defence, and promote the General Welfare of our Realms, do hereby agree to join our forces and wisdom in a Commonwealth of the Free Kingdoms, whose setting principles shall be laid out in the following Charter.

Section I - Scope and Extent of the Commonwealth

Article 1 The Commonwealth shall be formed by the North, Riverlands, Vale, Dorne, Westerlands, Stormlands, Dragonlands (formerly known as Crownlands), and all other realms of Westeros which shall wish to join it at any time.

Article 2 The Purpose of this Commonwealth shall be to organize and maintain stable and peaceful relations between separate realms, or to deal with matters involving the common safety of all. This document shall in no way be construed to deny each of the aforementioned realms their absolute freedom and independence in resolving internal matters.

Article 3 Each realm must provide one twentieth (1/20) of their soldiers to form a Commonwealth Army. Said Army may only be used to fight a foreign force, and may not, under any circumstance, be directed against a member of the Commonwealth.

Article 5 The Commonwealth shall negotiate with foreign entities in the name of all its members on military and commercial matters that involve the interests of several realms. Single realms may still conduct separate negotiations with foreign entities, as long as those do not contradict the entanglements contracted by the Commonwealth as a whole.

Article 6 The Commonwealth shall settle any disputes arising between two or more realms in matters of trade or justice, which could not be resolved through direct negotiations. If petitioned by one of its members to act as a mediator in such dispute, the Commonwealth shall have the power to set appropriate trade barriers, and to order a realm to return an individual which is facing trial in another realm.

Article 7 A common currency shall be minted in all member realms. The individual realms shall remain responsible for its minting. However, if disputes shall arise between realms regarding the amount of coins produced by each, the Commonwealth may be petitioned under Article 6 to set reasonable minting limits.

Article 8 In the case that one member of the Commonwealth failed to honor the obligations subscribed under this document, the Commonwealth may call upon other realms to ensure, though military means if necessary, that the agreement is respected.

Section II - Structure of the Commonwealth

Article 9 All power recognized to the Commonwealth under this document shall be vested into a Lord Protector of the Commonwealth and into a High Council. The Lord Protector shall initiate all decisions, which may then be ratified or rejected by the High Council.

Article 10 The office of Lord Protector of the Commonwealth shall befall upon Daemon Blackfyre, and to his rightful heirs as identified under the common laws of succession. The Lord Protector shall rule as King of the Dragonlands.

Article 11 The High Council shall be formed by one member appointed by each of the rightful sovereigns of the realms that form the Commonwealth (including the Dragonlands). A High Councilor may at any time be removed from office by the sovereign who appointed them, and replaced by another.

Article 12 The High Council shall deliberate and vote on any Commonwealth action taken by the Lord Protector, with the exception specified under Article 13. A Commonwealth action shall become effective if and only if more than half of the High Councillors vote to ratify it. High Councilors must keep their deliberations secret to anyone aside from the respective sovereign who appointed them, to whom they must provide a complete and truthful account of their actions.

Article 13 If, upon request of the Lord Protector, at least two thirds of the High Councilors vote to acknowledge a state of war against a foreign entity, the Lord Protector shall assume full command of the Commonwealth Army in its struggle against said force. The High Council may, at any time, by a vote of two thirds of its members, revoke a declaration of war.

Article 14 The terms of this Charter may at any time be subject to revision if, upon request of the Lord Protector, more than three quarters of the High Councilors shall consent to the revision.

Appendix - Financial organization

The Seven Kingdoms being hereby dissolved, the now independent realms that once composed it shall assume full faith and credit for debts contracted by its Crown. Each of the formerly united Kingdom shall take up a share of this burden, to be determined in due course after the war's end, which shall be proportional to a realm's wealth and economic resources.

The Commonwealth Administration hereby established shall not contract any debt, nor levy any amount of money from its constituent realms, whether directly or indirectly. Each realm shall be responsible to provide for the expenses of its respective High Councillor, and the Dragonlands shall be responsible to provide for all additional expenses.

X Prince Doran Martell, Prince of Dorne
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 01:56:35 AM »

OOC: Good that I'm in Dorne Wink
The dragons might proof helpful here, especially yours, Antonio! Smiley
Anyway Lumine, I'll be absent from August 15 to August 27, I'll be on holiday then... Maybe Daemon or whoever can take over my troops then, or I'll just isolate myself within Dorne?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 02:46:18 AM »

No problem.
Anyway, may I continue playing as Trystane/Oberyn?

I find it highly unlikely that the Sandsnakes would oppose Trystane when their father is backing him, yes ruling in his stead. They surely would support him over Arianne...

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 06:37:55 AM »

Dorne is mourning over the death of its prince, beloved by all, and so am I, mourning over the death of my brother. If it is the least I can do to his children, I swear I will bring justice to the one that wanted my brother dead. This I swear, by every name that is worshipped somewhere on this world.
We in Dorne have faith in our allies, and we trust King Robb that he has not ordered this murder. Likewise, Dorne sees no reason to not uphold our alliance, that is now even further bond through marriage between Trystane of the House Martell, Prince of Dorne, and Sansa of the House Stark.

This proclaims Prince Oberyn Martell, Prince Regent of the Kingdom of Dorne, in the name of Trystane Martell, The First of His Name, Prince of Dorne, Lord of the Rhoynar, Lord of Sunspear

(Some new fancy titles never hurt Tongue)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 01:51:18 PM »

As has been reported by numerous sources, I hereby order Lord Petyr Baelish of Harrenhal to be arrested and brought to Sunspear for his trial, for the murder of Prince Doran Martell. Lord Baelish, commonly referred to as Littlefinger, is to be brought into custody and brought to Sunspear for his trial once he crosses the border to Dorne. Furthermore, I ask my allies in the Commonwealth of the Free Kingdoms, foremost King Daemon Blacfyre, Lord Protector of the Commonwealth, and King Edmure Tully, King of the Riverlands, to impose similar measures and bring Lord Baelish into custody and to his trial to Sunspear.

This proclaims Prince Oberyn Martell, Prince Regent of the Kingdom of Dorne, in the name of Trystane Martell, The First of His Name, Prince of Dorne, Lord of the Rhoynar, Lord of Sunspear
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2014, 02:45:04 AM »

In the name of Prince Trystane of the House Martell, The First of His Name, The Prince of Dorne, I hereby announce the marriage of his sister, Princess Arianne of the House Martell, with King Daemon, The King of the Protectorate and The Lord Protector of the Commonwealth. The marriage will be conducted in King's Landing, admit the First High Council of Westeros
x Prince Oberyn Martell, in the name of Prince Trystane Martell, The First of His Name, The Prince of Dorne

In the name of Prince Trystane of the House Martell, The First of His Name, The Prince of Dorne, I hereby announce that I, Prince Oberyn Martell, The Prince Regent of Dorne, will represent the Kingdom of Dorne at the First High Council of Westeros. The Lords Yronwood, Fowler, Qorgyle, Uller, Dayne and Allyrion will be accompanying myself, and Prince Trystane, The Prince of Dorne, Princess Sansa, The Princess Consort of Dorne, and Princess Arianne, for the marriage ceremony of Princess Arianne.
x Prince Oberyn Martell, in the name of Prince Trystane Martell, The First of His Name, The Prince of Dorne

In the name of Prince Trystane of the House Martell, The First of His Name, The Prince of Dorne, I hereby announce that the office of "The Prince's First Minister of Dorne" or "The First Minister" is hereby created, a perennial office presiding the High Council of Dorne, replacing the office of the Prince's Hand and the Prince Regent. I, Prince Oberyn Martell, am to be created The First Minister by royal decree.
x Prince Oberyn Martell, The First Minister of Dorne, in the name of Prince Trystane Martell, The First of His Name, The Prince of Dorne
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2014, 02:45:47 AM »

Please make an Oberyn POV! Wink

Yes, that's the reason behind the naming of the First Minister... It's only natural that Dorne would adopt reforms as first Tongue
If the game was going on, I'd have the lords to move to the Water Gardens, of which I make my beautiful castle with large gardens Wink
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2014, 07:42:49 AM »

This was just as brilliant as it could have been, coming from you, Lumine. This whole game was incredibly fun, and I hope we will have a similar one to come sometime, maybe setting off after the actions of this one - exploration of Sothoryos, new Valyrian Empire, Others, Reform of the Faith... This all seems like a good point to start with next turn (though, to be fair, Sothoryos is a jungle continent far from Westeros... More logically would be the exploration of the New western continent, as found by the lords of the lonely light (see AFOC Kingsmoot and Lord Farwynd's promises), just as a nitpick)
Thank you for all you have done, Lumine, you have been amazing, and this is just the perfect way to end this. I can only congratulate you, Chapeau!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2014, 10:22:02 AM »

This was just as brilliant as it could have been, coming from you, Lumine. This whole game was incredibly fun, and I hope we will have a similar one to come sometime, maybe setting off after the actions of this one - exploration of Sothoryos, new Valyrian Empire, Others, Reform of the Faith... This all seems like a good point to start with next turn (though, to be fair, Sothoryos is a jungle continent far from Westeros... More logically would be the exploration of the New western continent, as found by the lords of the lonely light (see AFOC Kingsmoot and Lord Farwynd's promises), just as a nitpick)
Thank you for all you have done, Lumine, you have been amazing, and this is just the perfect way to end this. I can only congratulate you, Chapeau!

Thank you, Cranberry! I envisioned a Westeros living through the Renaissance for a potential next game, hence those ideas I posted. And of course, the western continent is a far more logical idea than Sothoryos, I will make the change right away.

You basically outlined a gameplay idea for a new game to start - I guess the next innovation to come would be something of the likes of gunpowder, coming from Valyria or the Free Cities and throwing over the military order of Westeros. But anyways, I would love to see that game - I guess you don't want to do another one? Tongue
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2014, 12:39:47 PM »

My god, this proposal is so interesting! I would so love to play this, please give it a try moderating it!
Additionally, what might evoke some tensions and certainly some plot as well, is the concentration of power, you know, where the power sits in one Kingdom, the struggle between centralism and absolutism on one side and regionalism and feudalism at the other, and to some extent, maybe parliamentarian on a third side...
If I may give some thoughts here, especially the Westerlands and the Crownlands, maybe also the Reach and Dorne would be countries that more and more would shift towards centralistic absolutism in my imagination, similar to OTL France... The Reach however, with its numerous houses descended from House Gardener, would be the perfect realm for War of the Roses... On the other hand, the North would likely hold on to the old ways, feudalistic structure, the longest; while the Vale, I don't know, maybe The Lords Declarant and so on is already a first showing of a developing parliamentarism...
You should include Braavos and Valyria in the next game then, maybe at the cost of some lesser important realms in Westeros, as it surely would be too many then... I don't know, combine Crownlands and Stormlands, and Riverlands and North or what...
What would be the main power colonising the new continent, by the way? I'd assume the Westerlands, maybe also the Reach?
This all however sounds so amazing, please make a new game! Smiley
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2014, 03:38:23 PM »

My god, this proposal is so interesting! I would so love to play this, please give it a try moderating it!
Additionally, what might evoke some tensions and certainly some plot as well, is the concentration of power, you know, where the power sits in one Kingdom, the struggle between centralism and absolutism on one side and regionalism and feudalism at the other, and to some extent, maybe parliamentarian on a third side...
If I may give some thoughts here, especially the Westerlands and the Crownlands, maybe also the Reach and Dorne would be countries that more and more would shift towards centralistic absolutism in my imagination, similar to OTL France... The Reach however, with its numerous houses descended from House Gardener, would be the perfect realm for War of the Roses... On the other hand, the North would likely hold on to the old ways, feudalistic structure, the longest; while the Vale, I don't know, maybe The Lords Declarant and so on is already a first showing of a developing parliamentarism...
You should include Braavos and Valyria in the next game then, maybe at the cost of some lesser important realms in Westeros, as it surely would be too many then... I don't know, combine Crownlands and Stormlands, and Riverlands and North or what...
What would be the main power colonising the new continent, by the way? I'd assume the Westerlands, maybe also the Reach?
This all however sounds so amazing, please make a new game! Smiley

I actually like that idea, the lesser Lords and perhaps the rising merchants winning more power over the Kings (which could lead to an Oliver Cromwell situation), the Reach and the Vale (and potentiall the Riverlands as well) could very well turn into a complicated political situation due to, say, the weakness of King Robert and the potential heir to Edmure Tully (or Edmure himself).

But yes, if this game starts at some point I would be interest to include the new family in Braavos (House Tarquinia or something like that), the new Targaryen Dynasty in Volantis and also the new High Septon (or the Westerosi Martin Luther, I don't now). I suppose the Iron Islands would be the first to confirm the existance of the new continent, but from there I guess tha players should be free to start colonization to see what happens.

Possibly, yet I don't think they would be able to really colonize this new continent. Reach and Westerlands seems like the best bet here, due to proximity and relative density of population. We must not forget however that Westeros is severely underpopulated compared to Europe, so there surely won't be a large-scale colonization of that new continent like it did happen in America...

Such a situation would be very interesting. You could possibly give some guidelines, so that one Kingdom would likely develop in that region, and the one in the other, but which could be changed by wise choices Wink

TheCranberry/Doran/Trystane: Sadly, Cranberry was absent during a couple of turns, but he was able to do something that the rest failed to achieve: win the most by losing the least. His armies barely suffered during the war and Dorne was not invaded once, and yet he led two campaigns in the Stormlands, had his son and daughter marrying Daenerys and Daemon and had Euron killed with the sole loss of Quentyn. Cranberry certainly knew how to play the long game and use Dorne's advantages in a unique way, but like others he also had the back luck of getting killed at the last moment.

Thanks for your praise, and yes, playing the game in summer isn't that superb for me, because of holidays and so on Wink
Anyways, I guess I achieved what I wanted to do, that's use Dorne's remoteness to gain the most by staying out of anything too risky, and by all means keep Dorne as the only Kingdom untouched by the war. Plus, I got great marriage deals for all my kiddies, and hadn't someone killed me (it was Littlefinger, right? Either LF or Bolton, I really have no clue and just accused the one I was more likely to get Tongue - But tell me please! Wink), I would have mastered every single of my goals... But never mind, let Antonio get that crown of the survivor Tongue
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2014, 03:58:19 PM »

Cranberry, it's LF that got you murdered, but he did so on Bolton's orders (because by that point Bolton had enacted a plot that made LF his puppet... more or less).

Oh yes, there was this thing with the Faceless Men, that LF would die if Bolton died, right?
But I still don't get why? Just for plain fun? Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies