What do YOU think should happen to the Eurozone? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:53:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What do YOU think should happen to the Eurozone? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Just the Eurozone specifically, not the EU as a whole.
It should remain as is

Countries should give up economic autonomy for more integration

Countries need more economic autonomy

The weakest countries should leave

The Euro was a mistake and should be eliminated

Other (explain)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: What do YOU think should happen to the Eurozone?  (Read 5736 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: August 24, 2014, 06:24:38 PM »

The Euro was a mistake and should be eliminated

I'm no expert either, and my portfolio doesn't really feature much in the way of German or French or Italian investments as I prefer established US companies with a somewhat aggressive 30% developing world stock in the mix, but I have always been against the common currency.  That said, I do like the idea of a stable, peaceful Europe.  The Europe of the 90s was fine.  No need for the Euro.  Still, the one semester that I worked in Amsterdam since the Euro became the coin of the realm, it was also satisfactory then, but from my conversations at that time with European workers, not only from Netherlands but from other (poorer) parts of the continent, I gather that they are not universally satisfied with the common arrangement.  I think it should be abandoned.  There would be some initial disequilibrium, but I suspect that it would be for the best in the long run.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies