Transition Team/Cabinet Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:12:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Transition Team/Cabinet Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Transition Team/Cabinet Thread  (Read 91086 times)
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« on: November 15, 2016, 10:12:10 PM »

Why isn't Huntsman being bandied about for State?
He was a fairly tepid supporter. I think he'd be a good pick, but he's too establishment to roll out right away (have to float Bolton longer in order to appease both the base and terrify the Senate) before he can smoothly get Huntsman out there.

Oh come, we all know Huntsman would be approved easily if Trump announced the pick this second, stop acting like this all part of tin-foil brilliant plan.  This whole mess is just Trump and co. bumblef***ing their way through the transition process b/c they're in over their heads already and never seriously planned for what they'd do if they actually won.

He's not being seriously considered because Trump and his transition team are picking people based off of loyalty, not off of actual skill or talent.

I think Huntsman would be a fantastic SoS.
Horsemask

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 07:16:30 AM »

Kinda stunned by the Haley pick. Not sure why she'd accept. Maybe bolster foreign policy credentials for a future POTUS run? Only thing I can think of
Horsemask

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 01:20:26 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2016, 01:22:48 PM by Horsemask »

Fred Lucas ‏@FredLucasWH  7m7 minutes ago
Trump team says there may be another cabinet level position announced later today.

Katherine FauldersVerified account
‏@KFaulders
.@JasonMillerinDC says they *may* have an additional Cabinet-level announcement later today.

I'm guessing it's Mattis.

Just heard on WBZ news out of Boston that it could be Education Secretary, Betsy Devos was apparently offered it. They were also speculating it could be Carson at HUD
Horsemask

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 01:52:12 PM »

Ironic Trump picked Betsy Voss to run the Education department considering she's for Common Core

On top of that, she runs charter schools that rely on vouchers, is heir to the Amway fortune, and her brother owns Blackwater

Jesus Christ
Horsemask

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Literally a day ago.
Horsemask

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 10:51:09 AM »

If a complete clown like Falwell got offered a position then Trump clearly dosent know what he's doing

Liberty University is a scam college like Trump University
Liberty University is a reputable university with over 115,000 students both online and residential so...

Uh yeah I'm no fan of Jerry Falwell, his father, or the religious right, but Liberty University is thousands of times more reputable than Trump U...even if it is run by crazy right wing religious nuts who want America to be a theocracy.

That being said, that is actually terrifying that Trump offered that to Falwell.
Horsemask

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 07:05:14 PM »

I actually really like Mattis. Hope it all works out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies