White Democrats in the South (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:28:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  White Democrats in the South (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: White Democrats in the South  (Read 9649 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: November 19, 2008, 03:46:50 PM »

Louisiana: Racing past Mississippi and Alabama for the America's racist sh**thole award.

Shut up, troll.

The numbers for LA are probably wrong; I'd guess numbers somewhat similar to AL, around 50-50.

tell me...even if it's 50-50....how the hell is his statement false? You're becoming quite an annoying Southern hack.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 03:55:38 PM »

Louisiana: Racing past Mississippi and Alabama for the America's racist sh**thole award.

Shut up, troll.

The numbers for LA are probably wrong; I'd guess numbers somewhat similar to AL, around 50-50.

tell me...even if it's 50-50....how the hell is his statement false? You're becoming quite an annoying Southern hack.

I dislike that he's calling the people racist, along with all of his other anti-Southern statements.

Like I said, you should be reclassified as an Independent if you never vote for your party's nominee at the federal level.

Yeah, probably.

I'm aware that you don't like it....but how does that make his statement incorrect?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 04:08:59 PM »

Calling people racist just because they don't happen to vote for a black man is incorrect.

So it's a coincidence that white Democrats happen to vote for the Republican while the Democrat happens to be a black, even though white Democrats in practically every other state/region voted overwhelmingly for their party's nominee?

Let me guess...southerners like McCain's grin? Is that the reason?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 04:22:18 PM »

Calling people racist just because they don't happen to vote for a black man is incorrect.

So it's a coincidence that white Democrats happen to vote for the Republican while the Democrat happens to be a black, even though white Democrats in practically every other state/region voted overwhelmingly for their party's nominee?

Let me guess...southerners like McCain's grin? Is that the reason?

It's not unusual for white southern Democrats to vote for the more conservative candidate. I know a ton of individuals like that who are very tolerant.

probably true...but as Xahar said...relevant to the national numbers, Southern whites are much more Republican than usual....are you truly arguing that's not because of plain old racism?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies