Okay let me get this straight : Drivers's liscenses don't count as Voter iDs ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:41:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Okay let me get this straight : Drivers's liscenses don't count as Voter iDs ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Okay let me get this straight : Drivers's liscenses don't count as Voter iDs ?  (Read 605 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: January 14, 2022, 09:32:38 AM »

The REAL ID act is absolutely ridiculous. It's been delayed time after time, but I just bring my passport on domestic flights now to save the hassle of thinking about it.
It's hilarious how many times it has been delayed. With the way COVID is going, I would not be at all surprised to see that given as an excuse for delaying it again later this year or early 2023.

The quality of ID cards in most states is hilariously bad, too. Anyone who has had an ID card issued in another country will know exactly what I mean.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 05:24:38 AM »

You missed that millions of people don't have driver's licenses because we live in cities and have no reason to drive vehicles like you testosterone-fueled savages. I would theorize that people without driver's licenses are disproportionately represented in cities like Washington DC.

Not being able to go more than a few miles from my house without buying a ticket to take a predetermined route at a predetermined time sounds like prison.
What are you even talking about? "Prison" is being on some huge Interstate and moving at 5mph. Driving is literally the last resort method of transportation. Extremely inefficient use of time, dangerous, and stressful. If you live in a city, you shouldn't have to go more than a few miles (or 1 mile, really, in a real city) to do day-to-day errands anyway.

I only drive on weekends - less traffic, so you can actually get things done. No chance in hell I'm ever driving to the office unless absolutely necessary. I would never even think about living or working somewhere where I had to drive to work, either. Been there, done that, wasted enough of my life.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies