Christian Hypocrites Celebrate Orlando Shooting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:26:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Christian Hypocrites Celebrate Orlando Shooting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christian Hypocrites Celebrate Orlando Shooting  (Read 3549 times)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« on: June 17, 2016, 03:07:30 PM »

The Christians here are missing the point of this thread.

Would you like to help us understand?

People are blaming Muslim leaders for not condenming extremists enough, yet Christian leaders fail to critizise their own extremists.

Honestly I think leaders from both faiths have other things to do than repeatedly commenting on every extremist nutjob out there.  It's not like they get any positive media attention when they do anyway.  In the US, most imams and priests and pastors are telling their flocks that hatred like this is not okay.  And even when Perry Noble makes this message, some dumb website posts it as though he said the exact opposite of what he actually said.   If there's one thing we can count on the media doing, it is misinterpreting and misunderstanding religion.

I think the true irony is that the same Christian extremists who celebrate attacks on gays are likely overlapping with the group of Christian who criticize Islam for "not doing enough about its extremists." There's also the double standard within the media at large, particularly the right wing venues, to not cover this type of behavior as heavily as the extremists within the Muslim community. They most certainly didn't make the same fuss over the kook that shot up the planned parenthood.

I think the number of dead plays a role here.

I wish it did.  50 dead with others in the hospital dying should really make someone question the need for AR-15s being freely available.  But sadly 50 just doesn't seem to be a remarkable number to these people.  1 Muslim though...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies