WOW. Before the "Bernie Bro," Clinton supporters created the "Obama boy." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 02:58:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  WOW. Before the "Bernie Bro," Clinton supporters created the "Obama boy." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WOW. Before the "Bernie Bro," Clinton supporters created the "Obama boy."  (Read 2453 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: February 08, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »

Except "Bernie Bro" isn't a creation: It's a real thing. I go to a University - I see this sh**t for real. There's a hotbed of it. Any commentator who dares criticize Bernie sees thousands of pages of Bernie supporters raging against that commentator. Sometimes it's knowledgeable, most of the time it's not.

But oh, I'm just a TRUMP TROLL, so ignore any points I make Roll Eyes

Sure, "Berniebros" exist if your definition of them is just someone who defends Bernie Sanders online. How does that make them different from supporters of any other candidate ever though?

I don't see Clinton, Rubio, Christie, or any other supporters (except TRUMP, who has something of a similar fan-base in this regard) with the same level of vigor, of over-defensiveness, of just general badger-like behavior.

You also don't see aggressive over-defensive badger-like Gilmore supporters online. Notice a pattern?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 02:34:29 PM »

Anyway, I don't mean to imply that "Bernie bros" don't exist. They definitely do. Just look at the comments section of any Facebook post that mentions Bernie Sanders. But some people are exaggerating their presence.

Also we need to define what a "Bernie bro" is. It's often used to mean any aggressive Sanders supporter, but the media tends to use nowadays it to refer exclusively to the sexist ones.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 03:01:39 PM »

Why is the BernieBro stuff being tied to Hillary in a bad way here? The term BernieBro, and the behavior of them, existed before it became more prominent in the media. Unless I am missing something here, it's not like Hillary created the term to slander Sanders with. His own supporters created this issue and brought it to attention.
The term BernieBro originated with Atlantic journalist Robinson Meyer, IIRC.

I first heard it in an Atlas post (by d32123 of course) about two weeks after that article, so it checks out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies