2008-NC-Senate-poll: Dole favored (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:34:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2008-NC-Senate-poll: Dole favored (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008-NC-Senate-poll: Dole favored  (Read 4682 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« on: June 21, 2007, 02:07:20 PM »

Congressman Brad Miller is going to decide by July whether he will oppose Dole.  He would be a strong candidate, but I'm not sure whether he could beat her - the dynamics of the year and race would have to be perfect for him to.  2008 would need to be a second 2006, which at this point it appears to be. 
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 02:44:30 PM »

Congressman Brad Miller is going to decide by July whether he will oppose Dole.  He would be a strong candidate, but I'm not sure whether he could beat her - the dynamics of the year and race would have to be perfect for him to.  2008 would need to be a second 2006, which at this point it appears to be. 

Miller is too liberal to win statewide against Dole.

I know - but North Carolina is changing.  As it urbanises, it is becoming more Virginia-like.  While I agree that the demographics would probably be too hard for Miller to win, it will be interesting to see what he gets against Dole.  If he can get up to 48% of the vote, then the Democrats should be very encouraged in taking on Burr in 2010.  I could see the Democratic Presidential candidate getting 45%-47% of the vote in North Carolina in 2008.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 09:54:19 AM »

The DSCC should still be trying to recruit Congressmen Mike McIntyre or Bob Etheridge.  Both conservative Democrats able to win in Bush districts, and Etheridge has been elected statewide in the past.  Only his age, 67, is against him. 
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 10:34:23 AM »

Looks like we won't have to worry about this one...though I am waiting for Easley to suddenly change his mind and decide to let the GOP suffer yet another blow.

Schumer seems to be very persuasive but I think he has always ruled out a run.  The DSCC may now try to go after the two statewide Democrats running in the Gubernatorial Primary, and attempt to get one of them to switch - although that too seems unlikely. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies