Is Donald Trump's insult-driven campaign making children meaner to each other? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:07:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Donald Trump's insult-driven campaign making children meaner to each other? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Donald Trump's insult-driven campaign making children meaner to each other?
Yes

No

Unsure - lean yes

Unsure - lean no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Is Donald Trump's insult-driven campaign making children meaner to each other?  (Read 969 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 04, 2016, 09:57:29 PM »

Yes.

There's already even been studies on this.

And working in a school, we're getting a lot of "but Trump said it!"
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 10:12:29 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2016, 10:14:59 PM by Blue3 »

Yes.

Interesting.  Would you mind elucidating what sort of things the children might attribute to Trump?  I have read reports of children ganging up on others of Latino heritage with threats of deportation.  Certainly I understand that people like Fuzzy Bear won't take this seriously, but it leaves me with many concerns.

Definitely threatening that Hispanic-looking people will get "deported" or calling them a future rapist because they "look Mexican" (even if they aren't).

There's also a small minority of Muslims here too. In the elementary school where my mom works, some of the parents were crying to her at Parent/Teacher night, asking how likely is it that they'll be forced out if Trump becomes President, if there would be a way for their daughter to stay and complete her education in the United States, does he really have a good chance of winning, etc. (And they aren't recent refugees, they've been here for a while, have been identifying themselves as Americans, mostly from Jordan I think).
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 10:26:15 PM »

Yes.

Interesting.  Would you mind elucidating what sort of things the children might attribute to Trump?  I have read reports of children ganging up on others of Latino heritage with threats of deportation.  Certainly I understand that people like Fuzzy Bear won't take this seriously, but it leaves me with many concerns.

Definitely threatening that Hispanic-looking people will get "deported" or calling them a future rapist.

There's also a small minority of Muslims here too. Not in my case where I work, but in the elementary school where my mom works, some of the parents were crying to her at Parent/Teacher night, asking how likely is it that they'll be forced out if Trump becomes President, if there would be a way for their daughter to stay and complete her education in the United States, does he really have a good chance of winning, etc. (And they aren't recent refugees, they've been here for a while, have been identifying themselves as Americans, mostly from Jordan I think).

It is not clear, whether it is caused by Trump, or by those kids' Trumpista parents.

I have an Indian friend, who is married to a Chinese woman - so the family does not, really, fit into any ethnic enclave in particular. Being rich, they chose to live in a lily-white exurb: you know, good schools and such. Well, long before this election, they overheard parents of other kids on the playground mumbling: "he will grow up to be a terrorist" about their child. Those nice white folks did not need Trump to say these things.

In my case, in a high school, the kids explicitly mention Trump.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 12:02:56 AM »

Yes.

Link(s) please?

I know there's more, but from a simple search:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/the-trump-effect-is-contaminating-our-kids--and-could-resonate-for-years-to-come/2016/03/07/594a7f46-e47a-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/01/us/midwest-trump-school-chants/index.html

https://www.splcenter.org/sites/default/files/splc_the_trump_effect.pdf

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies