Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: coalition agreement presented (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:18:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: coalition agreement presented (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: coalition agreement presented  (Read 273245 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: March 17, 2017, 01:23:25 PM »

lolpvdalol
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 01:29:05 PM »

Why this happened? Josse de Voogd: "When the left starts campaigning on the cultural dimension, the rest of the country says: get me outta here. This effect is stronger once you get closer to the border. The losses of the left are larger in the east and the south." Asscher campaigning against Wilders instead of Rutte was perhaps inevitable, but it's been a disaster for the party, one everyone could have anticipated (I certainly did).

I'm sorry to chime in like a noob like this (then again, I think I've done my part in answering noob questions about Italy and France. Tongue), but why didn't the SP benefit more from PvdA's nice pragmatic centrist Smiley Smiley Smiley turn? My impression was that it was the one left-wing party that still focuses on bread-and-butter issues. I expected it to gain a few seats from disgruntled PvdA voters, at least (especially considering that many such PvdA voters almost voted SP back in 2013). Did something go horribly wrong with their campaign?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 02:29:54 PM »

That is so utterly, soul-crushingly depressing, but not too surprising. Thanks for the explanation.

Maybe some day, voters will get tired of this whole "muh national identity" bullsh*t and realize that while they sit here worrying about those big bad refugees robbing their homes or something, billionaires have been robbing them of their basic welfare and dignity. Maybe... Or maybe the world is doomed.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:48:16 PM »

If Groenlinks become part of the new government

That's a serious possibility? FFS
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 02:00:41 PM »

Ugh, of f**king course GL would sell out at the first opportunity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies