Who will the GOP Establishment circle upon? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:49:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who will the GOP Establishment circle upon? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: you know the drill
Jeb Bush

Marco Rubio

John Kasich

Chris Christie

Donald Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Who will the GOP Establishment circle upon?  (Read 1730 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« on: January 21, 2016, 10:24:27 AM »

On the one hand, picking Trump or Cruz is crazy because neither one of them can win the general if the opponent is Mrs. Clinton or Sanders. On the other hand Cruz would do much more damage to the non extremist wing of the party so picking Trump makes more sense.
Bush's focus on how Trump would ruin the party is very logical, even though he would be a poor choice because he refuses to repudiates his brother and father.
Trump, like his most recent supporter is a loon. Everyone knows that at least half of Republicans don't really like Palin.

As far as Rubio goes, without knowing the results of Iowa and NH it is difficult to see him as their inevitable choice. Nevertheless I will vote for him in this poll.
The Democratic establishment is making a mistake in choosing Clinton over Sanders, because polls indicate that Sanders would do much better than Clinton in the general. He also seems better than Clinton on certain issues. That doesn't necessarily make me a Sanders supporter for two reasons. I won't be allowed to vote until April 26 and things will be different by then.
The other reason is O'Malley; he seems to be to the left of Clinton, although he only has about a 3% chance of winning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies