Obama has decimated the Democratic Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:11:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Obama has decimated the Democratic Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama has decimated the Democratic Party  (Read 11439 times)
hopper
United States

« on: August 23, 2015, 10:47:11 PM »

I can't help but wonder if you replace Hillary Clinton with Barack Obama if we'd be in the same situation as we are today. Most of the 63 seats we lost in 2010 were Southern blue dog Democrats. Why? The Democratic Party had committed the unforgivable sin of putting a black man in the White House.

Bill lost just about as many seats in 1994, so I don't see why not.
Bill lost 52 US House Seats just for the record.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 10:55:36 PM »

I can't help but wonder if you replace Hillary Clinton with Barack Obama if we'd be in the same situation as we are today. Most of the 63 seats we lost in 2010 were Southern blue dog Democrats. Why? The Democratic Party had committed the unforgivable sin of putting a black man in the White House.
Hillary is not as charismatic as Obama and doesn't have the political skills of her husband.

What killed the Dems in 2010 was ObamaCare that had approvals in the 30's or low 40's at best. Obama's approval rating was below 50%(at 46-47%) on Election Day 2010.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 11:29:31 PM »

Bill lost just about as many seats in 1994, so I don't see why not.
The thing is, the South was still somewhat winnable for the Democrats after 1994, right up until 2010. It was when we elected Obama that Alabama, Mississippi, and most notably Arkansas turned completely red overnight, mostly because of the GOP's mass hysteria that the n****r in the White House hates America and the only way America won't disappear off the face of the earth is by voting Republican.
Actually no, Mississippi has a PVI(Partisin Voter Index) in Presidential Elections has ranged from R+8 to R+10 from 1988/1992-2008/2012.

Arkansas-It has been trending Republican for awhile during the 2000's.

Alabama-Had an R PVI of R+7 in 1988/1992 and has an R PVI of R+14 in 2008/2012.
hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 12:15:42 PM »

The House is controlled by the R gerrymandering in the Deep South. Whereas at presidential level, and senate elections, dynamics are different, and Latino coalition is much more important in states like CO, NV & Pa where the senate map is a reflection of the presidential map, in 2016.

Term limits are up for GOP give in MI, FL, NV & NM; Dems are expected to win IL & MD in 2018, we will see the R gerrymandering in Deep South in House start to come to an end, by 2022.
MI, WI, OH, and PA aren't in the Deep South. I will give you that VA and NC are in the South but Deep South no? They are Mid-Atlantic Southern States. By the way, the Dems gerrymandered-lite Illinois just like the Republican gerrymandered-lite Michigan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies