How's your family voting? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:36:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How's your family voting? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How's your family voting?  (Read 8747 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: September 04, 2012, 07:14:02 AM »

100% of my immediate family will vote for Mitt Romney.

You're kidding, you're actually voting for Romney?  Why on earth?

As for my family everyone is either out of the country or mad as march hares, so I don't expect much meaningful voting.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 11:21:13 AM »

...mainly because we only have one shot at overturning the medical insurance bill passed in the last congress.

You consider that a big deal?  Can't imagine why. 

I guess if we're doing extended families here I should hazard a guess that most of those awful racist intolerant people will vote for Romney.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »

I'm still thinking that a federal debt that is greater than 100% of the GNP is probably our biggest problem.

That's caused by under-taxation of the wealthy - it has nothing to do with spending.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 01:52:14 PM »

...Our best years were the period from 1994 to 2000.  Growth and surpluses., those were good times..

Well, lets remember, those were still terrible times compared to previous eras - particularly the '40s-early '70s.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 03:49:50 PM »

Updated totals:

Romney: 144
Obama: 101

Not including leaners.

Many of us didn't give any exact number of family members, Naso.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 05:33:30 AM »

I am a lone Pub island in a sea of Dems.

You don't belong.  You should move to Arizona, or at least the Inland Empire.  Or get better taste.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 02:46:18 PM »

I am a lone Pub island in a sea of Dems.

You don't belong.  You should move to Arizona, or at least the Inland Empire.  Or get better taste.
I think he was talking about his family. His neighborhood is plenty Republican. So he isn't that alone, until he moves to Silver Lake of course.

Oh I see.  Yes I always forget about the existence of Republicans in California.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 07:23:49 AM »

...my son will have ... one parent who is a communist, more or less.

Lucky little chap!  Actually I would say that my parents were 'different' politically, though they voted the same: one was a very bright autodidact who had terrible instincts, who voted Republican from a kind of Goldwatery viewpoint, and the other a person who despite existing in almost perfect ignorance understood politics and voted for 'better reasons' (in the sense that her reasons were more reflective of reality) from purely instinctive motivations.

It worked this way - one could think but was completely deluded, and voted for X for well-thought-out reasons which had no real application to X, while

The other could not understand any intellectual argument, and voted for the same party out of vicious deeply held hatreds, fears, prejudices, and bigotry.

Now, the interesting question is - is this a false dichotomy?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies