Cousin marriage (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:34:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Cousin marriage (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cousin marriage  (Read 2800 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: October 08, 2014, 06:13:03 AM »
« edited: October 08, 2014, 07:38:28 AM by Mechaman »

I don't think that the state should tell people who they can or can't marry, so I obviously wouldn't support any prohibition on cousin marriage anymore than I would support any prohibition on same-sex marriage.

This.

The reason why laws like this exist in the first place is because of moralistic paternalistic WASP Eugenics prudes who desperately wanted to limit the kind of "folk" who could reproduce.  But of course, knowing how much many on this forum loves such "freedom fighters", I don't expect many to understand the consequences of having a state dictate sexual mores because "West Virginia" or other reasons.

Of course, this is the part where somebody opens up the pro-rape accusations to which I counter you must be pretty desperate if you are using a rape argument to counter why sex should not be allowed at all between consensual actors.

And I'm saying this as somebody who is not at all attracted to any of his cousins.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies