The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:56:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 152930 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 17, 2016, 07:22:44 PM »

So a little late to the party here folks, since I haven't checked out the "Bronze Landfill" since sometime between 2012 and 2014, between work/family stuff and recently with all of the election activity....

I was just reading through starting at the beginning of Part VI and giving myself a pat on the back for not "making the cut", even for some of the more absurd, ignorant, and awful posts I have made, and then lovely Senator Scott creates a link to all of my posts!!!!

Actually, I was a bit flattered the first 20-30 seconds, followed by laughter and extreme amusement.

So hey---- maybe for the rest of y'all the joke was running a bit old, but I for one found it amusing since I just walked into the virtual room for the first time in quite a few years.

Thanks Senator Scott Wink Was hoping someone would post some ridiculous statement I made at some point over the past year, where I would need to perform mental and verbal gymnastics to find my way out of the proverbial written corner that I had painted myself into, but alas (Or is it Atlas?) twas not to be, and now every single post ever wide will be rigorously scrutinized and debated, rather than just the occasional misspeak or blowing off some steam.... Smiley
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 07:38:41 PM »

Ha ha.... even slightly funnier now. So basically everyone looking at the thread sees themselves "tagged", when really it's only when you click on the link that you see your own profile ?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 04:47:55 AM »

Elizabeth Warren is originally from OK, right? I think she claimed to be part cherokee, or something
While researching persons who had received electoral votes, I discovered John Floyd, who received 11 votes in 1832), and was born on the frontier in 1783, near modern Louisville, claimed Indian descent from a Powhatan princess.

Winona LaDuke's mother was of Jewish descent, and was raised by her mother in Oregon after her parents separation when she was 5. It is unknown if she is descended from a Jewish American Princess.

Idk where the OP was coming from on this, and my initial assumption was an attempt at humor, but regardless even a bad attempt at a joke using 1980s stereotypes of Jewish-Americans, still qualifies for admittance to this thread....

Context involves discussion of the Cherokee Princess "movement" and those that claim to have or have Cherokee Blood.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 07:27:00 PM »

One issue of course is getting to where my girlfriend lives, since that would require traveling through a Trump state and many Trump counties. So my plan is to only get gas and food in Hillary counties. That basically means stopping in Eau Claire, and then filling up in Dane County along the way. Rockford would be OK too, since in the end Winnebago County narrowly voted for Hillary. But I'm not going to get out and set foot in any of the Trump counties that exist between Hennepin County and Lake County, IL. Ideally I could just boycott Wisconsin altogether but alas that wretched place has to be stuck between us.

This has however convinced me that everyone's hatred of the Green Bay Packers is 100% justified.
This is God tier.

I think this definitely qualifies as God tier for the "funny post" thread, although arguably it might fit the definition of absurd for a place on this thread, although the way the post was written it definitely seems a bit tongue in cheek....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 04:16:47 AM »

Yeah--- that's definitely yet another weird one.

Assuming it has something to do with the fact that it was the former Italian colony under the Fascists and that US troops didn't roll in unlike Southern Somalia?

IDK: Logic of the FF/HP Country map is bizarre anyway you look at it from the poster in question....

All of us could post a global map of FF/HP countries in 2016, although it might be more interesting to roll it in 10 year increments starting in 1950 through present day to look at the changing perspectives of Americans from a variety of political affiliations over the years and geo-political changes....

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 10:51:24 PM »

In protest of Virginia's appointment as a mod, I shall leave this board for three days, starting now.

Thank you sir, for your voluntary recusal from the Forum for three days as part of a principled act of non-violent civil disobedience.

I strongly encourage many other Forum members to consider similar actions to protest various other perceived injustices of all stripes and avatars.

You Sir, have set an example for all of us, and hopefully the inspiration that you have provided will move Atlas in the Right Direction, and "Make Atlas Great Again".
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 10:42:25 PM »

Wine is pretty gross. Why would anyone drink it period?

Wine, like most things, is an acquired taste and super good once you're used to it.  It's actually pretty entertaining for a weekend activity to get into the different types of (red) wine.  I think white wine is gross, though.

White wine is too sweet.  Red wine is just plain amazingly though.  Bougie.

You know, I'm an idiot. Like, I don't know much about most things. But I know just a LITTLE about wine, okay? And a blanket statement like "white wine is too sweet" is ridiculous. There are many, many varieties of white wine. Within those varieties, some producers add more or less sugar. I have had some sickly sweet chardonnays in my day, and some delicious dry ones as well. If you want to say something like "Moscato in general is too sweet for me" I will shake your hand and offer to finish your glass for you. But if you say "all white wine is too sweet" I will smack you square in the tit. I won't want to - but I will. Because that is dumb.

Nope, all too sweet.

Well, I must admit that "Whine goes well Wiz Cheeze".... 

(Actually it depends on the Wine and the Cheese--- but still overall a good combo for Foodist exploration for anyone with some spare time and money on their hands).

In theory, we could create both a "Whine and Cheeze" and "Wine and Cheese" thread both the former focused on excessively whiney and cheesy posts, and the latter on a discussion of the Epicurean pleasures that the combination of wine and cheese provides, and similar related matters.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 11:22:38 PM »

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 11:17:47 PM »

...that's not why I posted it, but rather the mention of the UUP.

You still aren't making any sense. Huh

Take us into the maze that is BRTD mindscape. Where are you coming from here?

In order to gaze into the maze of the BRTD mindscape, it is best to start from here way back in 1999...

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 10:05:26 PM »

Nobody has said that and that doesn't change the fact that Islam has a cancer growing from within.

Edit: The Mosque has been in the past associated with radical Islamists, which pretty much makes certain what we all know already. This is an act of terror regardless. Vigilantism is terrorism in and of itself.

Sanchez... you disappoint my friend.

My sister lives a few blocks away, and the "One Handed Preacher" who was an Al Qaeda militant associated with OBL, had long been purged from the Mosque a decade ago from both within and without....

This was a story recounted to me ten years ago, when I was there three blocks away (!!!) that was well known in the community, so please do not attempt to excuse Terrorist assaults against Muslims in the UK at the hands of Racist English Terrorist "Lone Wolf's".

It's the Middle of the Night in the UK now, so haven't had a chance to talk to my younger Sis, but really?Huh   Have some class Sir.....
What is so classless about pointing out the OP's annoying double standard? This was an act of terror, and we all know why this hate filled monster was radicalized to lash out at the Muslim community.

MY Double Standard? That is so f'ing hilarious! Once again you twist my words to attack me, apparently that is all you're good at Sanchez.
You don't seem particularly interested aside from empty platitudes on Atlas about the problem. The scourge of religious radicalism can only be eradicated by the religious community. If a Baptist terror cell is operating in Tallahassee, it is incumbent on the Baptist community to ensure that such actions are perceived as being unpopular, undesirable, and unhelpful. Frankly, the Muslim communities in the west are failing at this, as polls show.

This attacker would not have struck if there were no Manchester attacks. As far as I'm concerned, he's de facto radicalized by Islam as well. His actions are undeniably tied to London and Manchester.

IDK if this doesn't meet the standards of this thread, but dude appears to be fully justifying an assault involving a vehicle outside of a Mosque in London, and already blaming the victims just  because they are Muslim, without knowing any further details.

This is my Sister's neighborhood and the Dude goes totally "on-tilt" with an anti-Muslim diatribe?Huh
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 10:28:26 PM »

Nobody has said that and that doesn't change the fact that Islam has a cancer growing from within.

Edit: The Mosque has been in the past associated with radical Islamists, which pretty much makes certain what we all know already. This is an act of terror regardless. Vigilantism is terrorism in and of itself.

Sanchez... you disappoint my friend.

My sister lives a few blocks away, and the "One Handed Preacher" who was an Al Qaeda militant associated with OBL, had long been purged from the Mosque a decade ago from both within and without....

This was a story recounted to me ten years ago, when I was there three blocks away (!!!) that was well known in the community, so please do not attempt to excuse Terrorist assaults against Muslims in the UK at the hands of Racist English Terrorist "Lone Wolf's".

It's the Middle of the Night in the UK now, so haven't had a chance to talk to my younger Sis, but really?Huh   Have some class Sir.....
What is so classless about pointing out the OP's annoying double standard? This was an act of terror, and we all know why this hate filled monster was radicalized to lash out at the Muslim community.

MY Double Standard? That is so f'ing hilarious! Once again you twist my words to attack me, apparently that is all you're good at Sanchez.
You don't seem particularly interested aside from empty platitudes on Atlas about the problem. The scourge of religious radicalism can only be eradicated by the religious community. If a Baptist terror cell is operating in Tallahassee, it is incumbent on the Baptist community to ensure that such actions are perceived as being unpopular, undesirable, and unhelpful. Frankly, the Muslim communities in the west are failing at this, as polls show.

This attacker would not have struck if there were no Manchester attacks. As far as I'm concerned, he's de facto radicalized by Islam as well. His actions are undeniably tied to London and Manchester.

IDK if this doesn't meet the standards of this thread, but dude appears to be fully justifying an assault involving a vehicle outside of a Mosque in London, and already blaming the victims just  because they are Muslim, without knowing any further details.

This is my Sister's neighborhood and the Dude goes totally "on-tilt" with an anti-Muslim diatribe?Huh
I'm not justifying this at all and you know it. The fact of the matter is, these crimes will stop in conjunction with Islamic terrorism. Separating the two events does a great disservice to the truth.

You're really naive if you think that'll stop everything.
You're right, Muslim terrorist will continue to kill westerners at a disproportionate rate compared to other faiths no matter what action is taken.

Sanchez my man--- why do you continue to post directly into the thread?

So here are a few brief clips from "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas".... (Awesome movie which I own and strongly recommended for purchase)

As your attorney I advise you to....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1dtnBUzewU
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 07:27:16 PM »

X Motioned seconded
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 12:08:09 AM »

432: Governor Theresa May(R-VA)/Senator Jeff Flake(R-AZ)
106: Representative Jeremy Corbyn(D-CA)/Mayor Bill De Blasio(D-NY)

Unless Corbyn really managed to pull off a Trump, he wouldn't stand a chance.

Only posting this here because Kingpoleon ridiculed me for my prediction of a Cole victory in the WV gubernatorial election in 2016. I guess a Republican winning MD, WA, IL, HI and NJ is so much more plausible than predicting a 3-point GOP win in a gubernatorial race in WV. Smiley

It sounds like you are just jealous of my amazing cartographical skills.

You both are not only awesome, but extremely amusing as a comedy duet at the same time....

Laughed by arse off reading the post and response.... Maybe this should belong in the Atlas Humor thread???
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies