The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:09:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next  (Read 40218 times)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« on: May 12, 2016, 06:43:03 AM »

Can I be the Netherlands?
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 05:11:02 AM »

I suppose Italy isn't too bad.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 06:02:15 PM »

I'm planning on running Italy as an end result of the Papacy unifying the peninsula rather than Sardinia-Piedmont. The government will be a theocracy with a legislature made up by the local bishops and the college of cardinals. The Pope will have a very interventionist foreign policy, seeking to protect Catholic minorities across the globe and hopefully regain the Holy Land from Ottoman tyranny.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 05:04:00 AM »

Could I do a Papal orchestrated Coup d'etat against the Kingdom of Italy? So now its a republic that is a theocracy in all but name?
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 09:21:13 AM »

Could I do a Papal orchestrated Coup d'etat against the Kingdom of Italy? So now its a republic that is a theocracy in all but name?

Obviously it's up to Lumine. I do sincerely hope that if he finds that storyline implausible, you'll still remain as Italy player.

I'll be Italy no matter what. I just want to be a bloody theocrat is all Smiley
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 10:18:13 AM »

Obviously it's up to Lumine. I do sincerely hope that if he finds that storyline implausible, you'll still remain as Italy player.

Just my five cents, this is obviously all up to Lumine (and you), but I don't really find such a theocrat scenario plausible at all - where would the pope suddenly get the power to implement such a coup d'état? But as said, please you do you, play Italy only the way you want to (and our god and master Lumine allows Tongue)

Too bad it's not plausible, because I'd love to see the Papal tanks landing in Palestine.

I think I'll do a theocratic Italy with Papal backing rather than complete Papal control. If that's acceptable of course.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 02:34:15 PM »

Just my five cents, this is obviously all up to Lumine (and you), but I don't really find such a theocrat scenario plausible at all - where would the pope suddenly get the power to implement such a coup d'état? But as said, please you do you, play Italy only the way you want to (and our god and master Lumine allows Tongue)

Too bad it's not plausible, because I'd love to see the Papal tanks landing in Palestine.

I think I'll do a theocratic Italy with Papal backing rather than complete Papal control. If that's acceptable of course.

That seems a bit better, really.

Now, I decided on a Papal Italy itself being impossible to enact, but I think it's perfectly possible for us to do a militant dictatorship in Italy that is fanatically catholic and nationalistic, with the dictator and the Pope being in league in a quid-pro-quo arrangement.

Considering that during the Spanish Civil War the Papacy went as far as to call the struggle of the Nationalists a "crusade", I think it's perfectly possible a fanatical pope would have given full backing to a regime of these sorts.

Would you find that interesting, Southern Gothic?

Sounds good to me! My leader will be Emperor Victor Emmanuel III of Italy.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 02:46:59 PM »

Good to hear, Southern Gothic!

I'll add the Kingdom of Italy to the list then to work on the backstory. Feel free to add any details, proposals or suggestions so we can flesh out your nation more (events, dates, specifics on ideology, what Pope you'd like, and so on).

How free am I in deciding the back story?
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 10:56:50 AM »

I check this thread six or seven times a day. I need help.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 11:12:14 AM »

Personally, I'm quite shocked (and encouraged) at the level of enthusiasm, that seems like a good sign! Working on the UK now, I got delayed researching for the insanity I'm setting up in the Balkans and Russia.

Also, I still need NeverAgain's details! Without them I can't fully finish Russia and Japan.

Anything else you need from me?
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 11:38:56 AM »

Whoever gets this game started can have my first born child.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 11:43:03 AM »

There's still until tomorrow, of course, but that's it. Even if I have to write all night, I intend for us to start.

He's yours.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 01:23:39 PM »

I got shivers reading the British description.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 01:56:10 PM »

Link to the attack on Mecca?
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 02:03:44 PM »

Jesus Christ. I can just imagine the build up to that moment.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 06:15:13 AM »

Just wanted to say, the Italy description was beautiful! This is going to be a lot of fun.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 09:28:39 AM »

A spectre is haunting Europe — the spectre of papism.

What happens when the Scourge of God, has been appointed by God himself?
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 04:58:06 PM »

Oh no! The pre-talk talks are becoming deadlocked! Now we'll never get to see the ACTUAL talks get deadlocked!

As long as those Spanish heretics cooperate, they have nothing to fear from us. We promise Wink
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 07:13:17 PM »

Can..c-can I come back? P-please?
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 07:22:11 PM »

Oh great powerful Pole, maketh my life whole!
Oh wonderful Kalwejt, make my soul Kalbright!
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 08:42:27 PM »

If someone could just give me a summary of the recent events, it'd be much appreciated Smiley
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 09:06:21 PM »

If someone could just give me a summary of the recent events, it'd be much appreciated Smiley
The War in Spain continued... France declared war on Spain because of the "mistreatment of Catholics thereof" and some other cacus belli. Spain denounced the blatant imperialism and etc.

As for the Balkans, Greece and Serbia have declared war on Romania and the Ottomans. Albania and Montenegro declared war on the Athens Alliance, as the threesome of Greece, Serbia, and Bulgaria are now known.

Groovy. Thanks.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2016, 12:58:27 PM »

There are no janissaries anymore. RIP FF.

(OOC)

(OOC)

You try any of that Devshirme crap, I'll smack you so hard your turban will spin.

Turbans are passe. Groovy Young Turks prefers fezzes

Are the little motor cars included too?
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2016, 06:21:04 PM »

I'm just nervous because I've never played a game like this and would probably make many mistakes.... Though perhaps that will add to the fun?

This is my first time playing a game of this sort as well, and its fairly easy to get into.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2016, 06:31:55 PM »

"Superior" Ottoman "fashion"
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies