How religious are your friends? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:45:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  How religious are your friends? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How religious are your friends?  (Read 1521 times)
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« on: November 07, 2022, 06:01:19 PM »
« edited: November 07, 2022, 06:19:30 PM by Biden his time »

The friends I have who are Muslim are overwhelmingly very religious and observant (relative to American standards), are highly involved in the local community, and have a lot of religious knowledge (many even having forgone in-person secular schooling for periods of time to focus on hifz or other religious studies)

However, this isn't because the Muslims of South Florida are disproportionately religious. It's got more to do with the fact that the Muslim community here is relatively small, so nearly all the Muslims I know I met at the masjid first (at Sunday School or during Ramadan or after Friday prayers), and of course, those would tend to be more religious.

I don't meet many Muslims outside these networks really just because they're so rare (exacerbated since my parents didn't know many people when they moved to the area, so there aren't really uncles or aunts or other family connections). All throughout elementary and middle school I usually was the only Muslim kid in my grade level, and other friends of mine who went to different charter schools in the area have similar experiences.

As for my Non-Muslim friends, it's much more mixed, with a few religious Christians and a few atheists, but religion is mainly a private thing around here, and a lot of good friends I have I've never asked about their religion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies