GA-6 Special election discussion thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 09:46:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 120
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 253568 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2017, 05:30:35 PM »

That was literally the dumbest attack ad I have ever seen
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2017, 05:43:47 PM »

That was literally the dumbest attack ad I have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt35BYEOlEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo_Ejfc5hW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMfVqGBE6JI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZeVqj-t1U0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euVkDbQz144
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2017, 05:58:44 PM »

I mean to be fair, they did make Osoff look like a complete idiot, but the fact that this was what they went with is still telling.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2017, 06:22:37 PM »

I mean to be fair, they did make Osoff look like a complete idiot, but the fact that this was what they went with is still telling.

Did they make him look like an idiot? He seems like a guy who had fun with his friends when he went to Georgetown.

Also "He's not serious enough for Washington" is a weak ad when the President is a reality TV monster.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2017, 06:36:27 PM »

Most people would look like morons if you took them at their "having fun at college" or "making goofy videos" part of their life.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2017, 06:41:51 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2017, 06:44:09 PM by Fearless Leader X »

Most people would look like morons if you took them at their "having fun at college" or "making goofy videos" part of their life.

I agree 100% and I'm not saying this ad would make me vote against Osoff, but fair or not they did make Osoff look like an idiot (certainly to someone who knows little about him).  What I'm saying is this is not a district where the Democrat will ever get the benefit of the doubt on anything and a lot of people are hypocrites when it comes to judging folks for this sort of thing imo (especially older folks).  I could see this ad being pretty effective with Never Trump Republicans who'd leap at any excuse to rationalize voting against Osoff, but would reluctantly vote for Osoff if said excuse failed to materialize.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2017, 06:57:23 PM »

I agree 100% and I'm not saying this ad would make me vote against Osoff, but fair or not they did make Osoff look like an idiot (certainly to someone who knows little about him).  What I'm saying is this is not a district where the Democrat will ever get the benefit of the doubt on anything and a lot of people are hypocrites when it comes to judging folks for this sort of thing imo (especially older folks).  I could see this ad being pretty effective with Never Trump Republicans who'd leap at any excuse to rationalize voting against Osoff, but would reluctantly vote for Osoff if said excuse failed to materialize.

By your reasoning, literally any attack ad period would probably be enough to win those types of voters over.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2017, 08:05:31 PM »

By your reasoning, literally any attack ad period would probably be enough to win those types of voters over.

Not necessarily, this is just my gut sense, but I feel like this is probably one that is especially effective given that you have more than a few Republicans with a "get off my lawn attitude" toward young people.  It also it depends on how old Osoff is; the longer ago this was, the less effective it is (and more pathetic it makes the Republicans look).  Anyway, I hope you're right; I would love to see Osoff win or at least come really close.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2017, 08:15:50 PM »

GOP ad against Jon Ossoff attacks him for liking Star Wars and being in an a capella group. I'm not kidding. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztJlZ3Ndbw4

He may have a chance here after all.

I go to college with children from this district. He is well behaved compared to them.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2017, 08:31:34 PM »

It shows him at a costume party and singing on a stage...how the heck is that something only an idiot would do?   Are all people who go to costume parties idiots or all people who sign on a stage idiots?   That's complete bull crap,  he was young at some point in his life, so what?

That ad has to be the one of the most pathetic attacks I've ever seen.   If Republicans will vote for Trump but not Ossoff because of that then they really have lost their minds.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2017, 08:43:23 PM »

It shows him at a costume party and singing on a stage...how the heck is that something only an idiot would do?   Are all people who go to costume parties idiots or all people who sign on a stage idiots?   That's complete bull crap,  he was young at some point in his life, so what?

That ad has to be the one of the most pathetic attacks I've ever seen.   If Republicans will vote for Trump but not Ossoff because of that then they really have lost their minds.

I agree with all of this, but the fact is that we still need significant right-wing Republican crossover votes in this district.  Sure, it's unfair that this stuff will be perceived as him being an idiot or whatever, but this is a very Republican (and presumably very partisan) district.
NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2017, 05:30:40 PM »

The ad does raise an interesting issue though. Millennials born in the late 80s onward will have a lot of videos, social media and online digital papertrails. How will this be used when they run for office?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2017, 05:46:29 PM »

I agree with all of this, but the fact is that we still need significant right-wing Republican crossover votes in this district.  Sure, it's unfair that this stuff will be perceived as him being an idiot or whatever, but this is a very Republican (and presumably very partisan) district.
The costume party might hurt him with older voters, but singing a Billy Joel parody as part of a college a capella group sounds like something a lot of people in the 50+  crowd would like. Especially if they're college educated. And this district is.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2017, 08:10:44 PM »

The ad does raise an interesting issue though. Millennials born in the late 80s onward will have a lot of videos, social media and online digital papertrails. How will this be used when they run for office?

RRH, of all places, expressed concern about this ad for that very reason.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2017, 08:15:05 PM »

Is it any difference than a radio host?

Jason Lewis did manage to get elected to the house in spite of various controversial statements that would have angered both Democrats and Republicans.

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2017, 01:52:37 PM »

Ossoff has an ad of his own: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHFCkeSrsM

Turns out Donald Trump is apparently running for Congress in GA-6.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2017, 03:25:49 PM »

Can't say I am surprised. Nationalize the race. His best chance in that particular district is if he makes that entire race about Trump and how he would oppose Donald when it is needed. After all, this is part of what Republicans did under Obama.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2017, 06:23:58 PM »

Nice ad but comes off like a preview to the Cosmos.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2017, 06:32:07 PM »

Nice ad but comes off like a preview to the Cosmos.

Very cool. I think Ossoff has a real chance here.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2017, 08:37:45 PM »

Fingers crossed
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2017, 08:39:00 PM »

Every Dem needs to run as a check on Trump it worked to an extent for Rs in '16.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2017, 09:32:06 PM »

Here is the racial breakdown for the 9970 new voters if anybody interested. 

Native American +16
Asian/ Pacific Islander +718
Black +1634
Hispanic +541
Other +226
Uknown +2336
White +4499
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2017, 09:38:59 PM »

GOP ad against Jon Ossoff attacks him for liking Star Wars and being in an a capella group. I'm not kidding. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztJlZ3Ndbw4

He may have a chance here after all.

"Take a look at Jon Ossoff acting like a normal human being unlike the Republican ghouls in Congress. What a goof!"
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2017, 11:12:35 PM »

Here we go.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2017, 12:44:13 AM »

Go Jon!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 120  
« previous next »
Jump to: