2018 Michigan Senate (PPP) - Stabenow has large leads despite lukewarm approval (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:49:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2018 Michigan Senate (PPP) - Stabenow has large leads despite lukewarm approval (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2018 Michigan Senate (PPP) - Stabenow has large leads despite lukewarm approval  (Read 2348 times)
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« on: July 28, 2015, 06:54:39 AM »

This is kind of the impression I've always gotten from Stabenow. Not terribly popular, but wins easily every time (except for her first term, when she defeated Spencer Abraham by only 2 points).

You could replace "Stabenow" with "Levin," and you would also be correct. I'd be beside myself if the same doesn't hold true for Gary Peters going forward.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 07:46:14 AM »

I get the impression that Stabenow's been around long enough to be considered a bacon bringer, so she's simply put up with. She's certainly closer to her state's interests than Levin was, but both were and are kept around for the same reason.

Neither is a particularly effective bacon bringer, but you are correct--tenure is a serious strength. If Stabenow wins in 2018, it'll become increasingly difficult to unseat her going forward.

As long as she's voting against automobile carbon emissions and fuel efficiency standards, the bigwigs in Metro Detroit will be okay with sending her checks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies