Rubio announces presidential candidacy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:05:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rubio announces presidential candidacy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rubio announces presidential candidacy  (Read 7728 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: April 11, 2015, 07:52:43 PM »

Marco Rubio is announcing that he'll be the new CEO of Aquafina.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 07:54:36 PM »

Marco Rubio is announcing that he'll be the new CEO of Aquafina.

Wasn't it Poland Spring?

Was it? I don't remember.

Either way he's far more suited to the water business than he is to the politics business. What a nervous nelly he is.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 02:41:20 PM »

Not a serious candidate.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 02:59:52 PM »

hahahaha Marco Rubio isn't a serious candidate??? Let me guess the only two serious candidates are Rand Paul and Ted Cruz....tea party cracks me up...neither will sniff the nomination.

Figured most of these forums would be filled with HARD leftist and tea partiers who support Rand Paul and Ted Cruz....pretty much as expected.

Hillary would win 320-350 Electoral votes against either Cruz or Paul, Wake up LOL

First off, I assume you get stern marks from your teacher for your horrific grammar skills.

Second, don't dare straw man me as a "Tea Partier". I'm surely to your left on a whole host of issues. No I don't think Ted Cruz is a serious general election candidate, but unlike Rubio, he appeals to a non-marginal amount of GOPers and has a serious chance of winning the nomination. I think serious general election candidates include - Scott Walker, Rand Paul, and MAYBE Jeb Bush if he does enough to make distance between himself and his brother (which I doubt). The rest either don't have the resources to do battle with Clinton, the support within the GOP to pick up the nomination, or the positions necessary to win a general election.

But you're probably 12, so no need to write a master thesis.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 12:58:39 AM »

Rubio's options and why hes running for president:

- Win the nominee (Best case)
- Lose the nominee and be on the short list for VP
- Loses nominee and loses out on VP run for governor in 2018 of Florida
- Run for president again in 2024

He doesn't want to be in the senate anymore, nothing gets done, no power to make things happen and heck he could make a TON more money going into consulting the next year or two and than run for governor in 2018.

Staying in the senate does very little for what he wants to accomplish. Seems pretty obvious to me thats the case and the reason he doesn't care about the seat at all.

This implies that Rubio wanted to accomplish anything in the Senate, other than using it as a stepping stone for a Presidential run.

I believe Senator Rubio sincerely wanted his bipartisan immigration reform bill to get a vote and pass in the House. Though, after Boehner killed it, he obviously realizes there is almost no way for him to make a lasting legislative impact due to his fellow Republicans' intransigence on almost any legislation that has half a chance of passing the Senate.

Nonsense. He wanted moderate credentials in case he was in a general election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies