Heck on tape: 'I really' want to support Trump but I can't (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:23:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Heck on tape: 'I really' want to support Trump but I can't (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Heck on tape: 'I really' want to support Trump but I can't  (Read 1642 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: October 20, 2016, 07:50:39 PM »

Can we please focus on the utter stupidity of what Kingpoleon posted for a second?
Republicans have done the same thing by targeting Former Senators Landrieu, Begich, and Bayh. This prevalence of party and ideology before country and unity is a bipartisan affair, and both parties are responsible for it.
I definitely sympathize with the idea that it'd be better for the country if there were more conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans, but it's not parties' responsibility to empower the other party. You cannot blame Democrats for wanting to win Nevada, and you cannot blame Republicans for wanting to win Louisiana or Indiana. You cannot expect actors to act altruistically, and frankly it's bizarre to say they should.

But Wolfentoad's insane hackishness is, indeed, mind-blowing.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 09:12:24 PM »

That's not true, and you know it. Moderates haven't been targeted by the opposite party because they were moderates. They have been targeted by the opposite party because their seats were competitive. Their seats were competitive because many voters there preferred the opposite party. Hence why the opposite party unseated them. It's called democracy.
I totally agree with this. Seats do not "belong" to a certain party, whether they send moderates to D.C. or not. Electoral competition is extremely important.

You're basically asking democrats to concede control of the Senate to the republicans.
Not really, because he also demands this from Republicans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies