My premature 2022 prediction with gut feelings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:58:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  My premature 2022 prediction with gut feelings
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My premature 2022 prediction with gut feelings  (Read 424 times)
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2021, 10:15:32 AM »

DC is admitted some time in early 2022, giving Dems a solid majority of 52-50 before the midterms. Biden maintains high popularity throughout his first term as state and some federal GOPers begin to completely double down on conspiracy theories and QAnon, leading to a huge revolt in the suburbs and a breaking of the tradition of midterm backlash. I expect the PV to be something like D+4 or so, allowing Fetterman and Barnes to flip the open seats.  In Wisconsin, the GOP nominee looks like the clear winner but the race ends up being closer than FL 2018, and is heavily disputed in court. Fetterman wins by higher than expected by maintaining SEPA margins while superboosting rural Dem turnout in Western PA. Ohio is unexpectedly close, within 3 points, as Tim Ryan runs an excellent campaign against Jim Jordan. In NC, the race is about a 2 point margin as the GOP candidate, Mark Walker, successfully attacks Jeff Jackson with a sex scandal blown out of proportion. In GA, Collins runs for Governor and primaries Kemp while Marjorie Taylor Greene runs against Warnock for Senate. Both win by unexpectedly large margins as well. The closest senate races were NH, NV, and WI, all won by Dems within 0.5%.

This is going to age horribly but idc lemme be optimistic
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 10:30:50 AM »

I am so glad that WI isnt Lean R, so many pollsters have it lR and WInpoll shows Johnson at 35 percent

He needs to retire,already, NC and OH will depend on our recruits
Epaminondas

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 10:37:07 AM »

Thanks for the Feel Good prediction. Sure as heck implausible that Wisconsin flips, but reading this soothes the soul.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 10:44:14 AM »

Very optimistic but still within a realistic range.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 10:50:50 AM »

Now, that Jeff Jackson is in, NC will go blue
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 10:51:15 AM »

Very optimistic but still within a realistic range.

Polls show Ron Johnson at 35 percent

Your 2020 map was very optimistic too with FL, NC and ME going Democratic and it didn't happen
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 11:25:29 AM »

OC agrees with me so this must be true
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 11:57:27 AM »

Well, I hope that you're right, but Democrats would need to get very lucky for this map to happen.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 12:10:58 PM »

Well, I hope that you're right, but Democrats would need to get very lucky for this map to happen.

Also, the Rs would be lucky to get Progressive Moderate R dream map, the Election is 2 yrs out
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2021, 01:07:19 PM »

DC is admitted some time in early 2022, giving Dems a solid majority of 52-50 before the midterms. Biden maintains high popularity throughout his first term as state and some federal GOPers begin to completely double down on conspiracy theories and QAnon, leading to a huge revolt in the suburbs and a breaking of the tradition of midterm backlash. I expect the PV to be something like D+4 or so, allowing Fetterman and Barnes to flip the open seats.  In Wisconsin, the GOP nominee looks like the clear winner but the race ends up being closer than FL 2018, and is heavily disputed in court. Fetterman wins by higher than expected by maintaining SEPA margins while superboosting rural Dem turnout in Western PA. Ohio is unexpectedly close, within 3 points, as Tim Ryan runs an excellent campaign against Jim Jordan. In NC, the race is about a 2 point margin as the GOP candidate, Mark Walker, successfully attacks Jeff Jackson with a sex scandal blown out of proportion. In GA, Collins runs for Governor and primaries Kemp while Marjorie Taylor Greene runs against Warnock for Senate. Both win by unexpectedly large margins as well. The closest senate races were NH, NV, and WI, all won by Dems within 0.5%.

This is going to age horribly but idc lemme be optimistic

This sounds like liberal wishcasting. Jordan is not running for senate because he will be Judiciary Chairman. They’re also not flipping Pennsylvania and DEFINITELY aren’t winning Wisconsin.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2021, 01:37:31 PM »

WI-Sen will vote to the left of NC-Sen

Mark my words.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies