Using Science to prove that God EXISTS!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:10:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Using Science to prove that God EXISTS!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Using Science to prove that God EXISTS!!!  (Read 5083 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: December 02, 2005, 07:36:48 PM »

I'm not quite sure what the debate is about. jmfcst has summarized two points, supported by data that describe the universe as we know it today. To within about 1% accuracy the weight of scientific opinion is that the universe is 13.7 Gyr old, and was initiated by a single burst of energy (the Big Bang).

What science does not measure is what may or may not of occurred before the Big Bang. Our measurements are consistent with the Big Bang being the beginning of time. There are speculations about a series of universes that may have preceded this one, but they are just speculation.

The view that God created the Big Bang is consistent with data. I personally would not consider this to be proof in a scientific sense, but there are plenty of strong arguments made in other fields that the oldest theory that remains consistent with the data should be given credence. Thus, there may be more than one view about the cause of the Big Bang, and there is nothing inconsistent saying that God was the cause.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 01:18:55 AM »

Either way, even if the universe is indeed finitely old, this does not prove that the God in the Bible is its creator, nor does it prove that nothing existed before this universe.  Nobody really knows anything beyond the Big Bang.

I would be careful with your statement. It is easy to confuse scientific knowledge with the many other types of reason and knowledge that exist. It is safe to say that science provides no answers to question of what existed before the Big Bang. That does not imply that there can be no knoledge at all, just not scientific knowledge.

muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 04:39:53 PM »

I have posted a lengthy and relevant reply on another trhread, so I'll link it here. I find no conflict with discernment through faith and model-testing through science. In fact it gives me satisfaction when they do align in their conclusions. One of my math professors in the 1970's felt the same synergy between mathematics and faith when he considered the special case of the Euler Formula  since it related so many fundmental concepts of mathematics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies