Biden's issues with black voters are turnout not margins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:23:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Biden's issues with black voters are turnout not margins
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden's issues with black voters are turnout not margins  (Read 114 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2024, 05:31:15 PM »

I don't believe for a minute that Trump will get a significant amount of black voters. He will probably get in the mid teens and Biden will get over 80%. However, the problem is turnout with that group. If black voters in places like urban inner city Atlanta, Detroit, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, etc, it will be the death knell to Biden's campaign. Biden could even get Obama 2012 margins with blacks (which he won't) but he could still lose the key states due to them not showing up in historic numbers.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 05:47:43 PM »

I actually agree, and I've been saying this for awhile.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 05:57:31 PM »

I don't believe for a minute that Trump will get a significant amount of black voters. He will probably get in the mid teens and Biden will get over 80%. However, the problem is turnout with that group. If black voters in places like urban inner city Atlanta, Detroit, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, etc, it will be the death knell to Biden's campaign. Biden could even get Obama 2012 margins with blacks (which he won't) but he could still lose the key states due to them not showing up in historic numbers.

Finally, someone else says it! I've posted this at least a half dozen times in the past few weeks
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies