CA-GOP: "Call us the 'Party of Yes'. Also, vote 'no' on Gov. Brown's tax bill" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:26:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CA-GOP: "Call us the 'Party of Yes'. Also, vote 'no' on Gov. Brown's tax bill" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-GOP: "Call us the 'Party of Yes'. Also, vote 'no' on Gov. Brown's tax bill"  (Read 4208 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: May 06, 2012, 02:36:13 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 03:54:03 AM »

"Party of Yes" sounds weird, but it's still a positive branding move. I suspect that standing for negation doesn't exactly excite voters. Smiley

As the first paragraph of the article explains, this was a deliberate effort to counter their labeling by the CA Democrats as the 'Party of No'.  The problem is that their very first act as the 'Party of Yes' is to ask voters to say 'no' to Jerry Brown's tax proposition.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 01:34:16 AM »

"Party of Yes" sounds weird, but it's still a positive branding move. I suspect that standing for negation doesn't exactly excite voters. Smiley

As the first paragraph of the article explains, this was a deliberate effort to counter their labeling by the CA Democrats as the 'Party of No'.  The problem is that their very first act as the 'Party of Yes' is to ask voters to say 'no' to Jerry Brown's tax proposition.

Addressing the self-evident does not interest me. Commenting on the surprising competence of the CAGOP's strategy (even if it is really rather hypocritical) does.

Contradicting their brand new slogan at its press launch doesn't really strike me as very competent, tbh.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies