The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 04:41:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed  (Read 26503 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 24, 2004, 07:37:43 PM »

Dear Publisher:
You will either attribute the Presidential Results you are using to The Region or we shall be forced to sue for copyright infringement given the glaring similarity of the format you are using to that used by our paper.
Jedediah Leland
Managing Editor
The Region
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 08:01:22 PM »

No real problem, as it gave me a chance at a fun post, altho I do wonder if anyone will be able to say who Jedediah Leland is without doing a google or the like.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 06:42:35 PM »

Uncounted provisional ballots? Smiley
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 06:42:36 PM »

December 2004 Midterm Election Coverage
9 More Days Until the Final Atlasian Election of 2004

I guess that the Southeastern Gubernatorial Election on the weekend of the 17th doesn't count as an Atlasian election then. Sad
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 08:44:09 PM »

The SE Constitution doesn't bump things up a week for just December like the AF one does.  Otherwise, ew are concurrent with the Senate elections.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 12:40:52 AM »

With but a single issue on the ballot, I would not invalidate either mine or FDR's ballots, but it's not my call.  Given that mine own ballot expressly indicated that it was an approval ballot and approval voting is used in the Southeast only for gubernatorial races, even if the election official chooses to be picky, a case could be made that it was clear enough which race it was for on that basis, not that my vote is likely to make much difference as I chose to not list either of the two main contenders.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 10:13:29 AM »

The Regulations are just a codification of what the executive intends to do, but are subject to change at any time.  In my opinion, had the Magistrate not included a specific end time, then the 60 hour rule of the regulation would certainly pertain.  However, as far, as legislated law in concerned the only provision that exists as far as runoff elections are concerned is the first sentence of Article I Section 5, “In the case of a tie vote for any election, a runoff election shall be held beginning within 24 hours after the end of the previous election.”  Therefore, the statement by the Magistrate that the election would end tonight can be viewed a one time regulation that pertained to only that election.  Voters who wish to be persnickety should try to get some law passed requiring that regulations must be announced a set period in advance.  Technically, it would have been legal, but probably led to a couple of recall elections had he specified that the polls for the runoff were only going to be open for one minute and cast the only vote.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 09:23:30 PM »

Don't forget RegionCorp when you figure out the Ebowed 100.  Once I'm out of office, I may just start acquiring more companies for that conglomerate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies