Regional Protection Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:35:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 164442 times)
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« on: July 29, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »

Updated map showing where we have members. We now have 9 members in the Southeast, 7 in the Mideast, 7 in the Midwest, 5 in the Northeast, & 4 in the Pacific.

Add another one in the Mideast, my good man.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 10:25:37 PM »

I am here to announce that I am stepping down as Chairman of the Progressive Conservative Party. It has been a wild ride over the past few months. I've witnessed many, many events that have caused me to rethink what the purpose of this party is, and what the purpose of Atlasia is as a whole. First off, I would like to thank my supporters, who have helped me tremendously through the difficult times since I took over in August. You are what makes Atlasia great.

But, I fear the worst is yet to come. Recently, the attacks have become more and more personal. I've seen members physical attributes under attack. I've been told I was "the biggest retard ever" and one person went as far as to say they wish I "would just go die." When it becomes that personal, that inappropriate, it is time to rethink why one is in the game. It should not be that way. This is why people do not want to participate in it. Perhaps I wasn't the best chairman in the world. Maybe it was because I wasn't able to make 1000 posts a month, monitor the "who's online" area to see who could be my best recruit, or respond to PMs within the hour. I don't know. I did what I could do, while trying to decipher the zombies, backroom deals, and strategic recruiting that occurred behind my back.

Before I go, I just want to call to an end to all this crap, or else Atlasia is doomed to return to the days in 2006, where no one wanted to be involved with it. We need to end these personal attacks and return to attacks on ideas. We need to return to an age where friendships meant something, not where each person is subject to being thrown under the bus for political gain. These are the days we need to return to, not the current climate we currently are seeing. It's disgusting. I'm sorry I've learned some of the things  I know about these people.

I hope that the right leaning people are able to unify in order to advance our principles of a less intrusive federal government and lower spending, because our undoing is our fault alone, and not that of the left. But right now, I fear, we will be spending a good amount of time in the wilderness before we ever have the chance to compete nationally again. That's just our climate.

To my successor in the PCP, good luck. Running this party is not easy, with so many egos in the room, but I hope that you are successful in your endeavors, because this party has never been about me, it has been about the cause. After all, the better this party does, the better off the voice of all right leaning individuals is. Thanks and good luck to all.

You were not the reason of my defection either. You were a good Chairman, if anybody else had been in charge, the defections would have been 10X worse than already. My new Party, the Democratic Alliance is almost never at each other's throats. The RPP was created to unite the Right (neat rhyme huh?) While what it only succeeded in was dividing the Right in the face of a much more united Left. And when Atlasia is almost 60% leftist, the Right cannot afford to splinter in the face of a united foe. I may very well return to the PCP one day, and the first step to regaining the defectors of this Party is to elect an Chairperson that can bring the right together.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies