If you had to cast a vote today, what would you vote for (countries and regions) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:58:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  If you had to cast a vote today, what would you vote for (countries and regions) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you had to cast a vote today, what would you vote for (countries and regions)  (Read 1909 times)
DaWN
United Kingdom

« on: June 05, 2020, 06:56:39 AM »

Northern America:
Canada: Liberal or NDP, whoever is best placed to defeat the Conservatives/BQ
Quebec: No thank you
USA: Democratic Party
Mexico: I know nothing about Mexican politics. I guess a centre-left party that isn't hideously corrupt if one exists.

Central and Southern America:

I don't know a damn thing about any of these countries so just take the Mexican explanation.

Europe:
England: Liberal Democrats, since April 4 Labour in a marginal unless the candidate is very objectionable
Scotland: Labour or Liberal Democrats, whoever is best placed to stop the SNP. Whoever the f!ck I want in an SNP-Tory marginal because there is no winner I will like.
Wales: Same as England, but add Plaid if they are the anti-Tory option.
Northern Ireland: SDLP or Alliance. If neither of them is on the ballot, spoil.
Ireland: Probably Labour, albeit not very enthusiastically. FF preferenced above FG and not a goddamn thing for the IRA.
Iceland: Don't know much about this one. I guess Left-Green or Social Democratic?
Sweden: Social Democratic
Catalonia: PSC-PSOE I suppose, although I honestly couldn't say whether a hypothetical Catalan me would support independence or not.
Basque Country: PSE-EE with the same caveat as above
Spain: PSOE
Portugal: PS
France: PS until 2017, LREM since, albeit with rapidly diminishing enthusiasm
Netherlands: Errrrrrrrrrr.... PvdA?
Flanders: yikes
Wallonia: PS
Germany: SPD. Yeah, yeah, I know....
Bavaria: Green
Austria: SPO
Switzerland: Social Democrats
Italy: hahahah oh dear. PD, I suppose, while being rather unhappy about it.
Sweden: Didn't I already do this one?
Norway: Labour
Finland: Social Democratic
Denmark: Social Democrats
Czech Republic: Errr.... CSSD? I think, probably, yeah. Can't think of anyone else.
Poland: Jesus christ. KO
Slovakia: We're beginning to reach countries I don't know anything about but all of the parties look pretty awful here
Slovenia: Social Democrats? I guess
Croatia: SDP I suppose
Romania: There are too many Eastern European countries nowadays. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot.
Bulgaria: I don't bloody know
Greece: I can't even laugh at pathetic it is here now. I guess the successor to PASOK with unbelievably small amounts of enthusiasm. Certainly not Sh!triza.
I'm not doing the rest of the Eastern European ones. If there's a non-corrupt, non-closet full of skeletons centre-left party then that.

Rest of the World:
South-Africa: Honestly? I think it's impossible to say as a white guy. An experience of a white South African DaWN would be so vastly different from my actual experience it's just not fair to say.
India: Whoever looks like they're best placed to defeat the BJP. So unfortunately that means the INC a lot.
Israel: Whoever looks best placed to stop Netanyahu. Probably Labor back in the day but that ship has sailed
Turkey: Whatever won't get me shot
Russia: See above
Japan: Honestly I'd probably just sit it out
South-Korea: Democratic I guess, unless they have some major skeletons I don't know about.
Australia: Labor
New Zealand: Labour
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies