What are the most conservative major metropolis centers? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:30:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What are the most conservative major metropolis centers? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are the most conservative major metropolis centers?  (Read 8059 times)
Gren
Spain

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.43

« on: July 09, 2010, 06:27:49 AM »

Here in Spain, things are just opposite. Suburbs do exist, both wealthy and working class, but not to the same extent as in the US, Canada or Australia. Affluent people tend to live in the inner city and they vote mainly for the right. You can see it clearly in some districts, like the Salamanca or Chamberí districts in Madrid, wich are very rich and vote +65% for the People's Party, or the Abando district here in Bilbao, which is the only one that the PP has ever won. In Autonomous Communities like Andalucía, Extremadura or Castilla la Mancha, the PP leads in almost every big city, while in rural areas it gets trounced by the left (that's especially true in Andalucía) In some others, like Castilla y León and Galicia, urban areas are more left wing than rural areas, but that's easy because rural areas there are very right-wing. However, voting for the center-right and being conservative is not the same thing; when I think about "conservative" I think about social conservatism, which is not very strong here, and I don't think upper class urban PP voters are socially conservative. So I guess it is difficult to say which is the most conservative metropolitan area... As for voting to the PP, Madrid and Valencia are the most right-wing, I'd say.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies